1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Cardigan Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Sep 20, 2006.

1. jet

jet Senior member

Don't doubt the margiela master.

It's 995.

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

hoooooooooooly. Let it be known that I will buy that off of any member who comes into a small size.

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I think I might go the MTM Inverallan route. Can't beat a made to measure cardi for 133 pounds shipped (~$217).

I just have to find out if they can do any style in their entire lineup or only the select styles.

5. BioSore

BioSore Well-Known Member

Did you buy it used? Or did you get it at Len Druskin Outlet?

I bought it used, there's a thrift store on the University campus that receives some good items from time to time. Does the Len Druskin in Edina sell this line? I hadn't heard of the store/outlet, but I might head down there soon to check out the rest of the stuff. Truthfully, I haven't taken in much of the stores in the area. Maybe that's a good thing, since I can't afford much outside of the sales bins.

6. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find an oversized chunky knit cardigan with a hood? Ive been looking everywhere....

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I bought it used, there's a thrift store on the University campus that receives some good items from time to time. Does the Len Druskin in Edina sell this line? I hadn't heard of the store/outlet, but I might head down there soon to check out the rest of the stuff. Truthfully, I haven't taken in much of the stores in the area. Maybe that's a good thing, since I can't afford much outside of the sales bins.

I'm not sure if the Galleria store does or not. The Outlet is across the street in Southdale Mall. Go in thru the movie theater enterance. I thought I saw something similar to your sweater there. I know it was chunky, but I don't remember if it was a cardigan or a pull-over. There also a Len Druskin Man downtown and another len outlet nearby.

8. jet

jet Senior member

first jil cardi i got, metallic placket trim

[​IMG]

this was from fall 07 which was noticeably higher quality than fall 06 which I skipped out on

9. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

10. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Wow perfect! Something like that in either charcol or grey...

Unfortunatly now I need 300 dollars...

11. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

I should have kept grandma's knitted cardis from those xmases long ago:

[​IMG]

12. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

[​IMG][/quote]

Anyone have any idea where I can find this Cardigan. I contacted the original poster but he was unsure.

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

14. jaac

jaac Senior member

15. jacksonr

jacksonr Well-Known Member

^ i got that Folk cardigan (in grey) last year, I love it, wish it was warm enough for winter though.

16. AlwaysDressed

AlwaysDressed Senior member

This is me wearing a belted Shawl Collar Cardigan I recently picked up from the Polo Ralph Lauren Store here in Dallas. It's 79% Wool, 17% Lamb's Wool, and 4% Al Paca...with leather covered buttons. It's structured more like a jacket, but it's soft enough and crushable enough that I would place it on the higher end of the cardigan spectrum vs a true jacket. Great with just a T-shirt for a cool look but warm feel or great when you layer a long sleeve shirt or thin sweater underneath when its a little colder outside.

It was originally $895 but I got it on sale for $266 plus tax after a couple of mark downs. I picked it up on Dec 27th 2009, so you can probably still get your hands on one. Its called the Bedford ES Jacket. By the way, this piece is not on the Polo website, but I saw it in two different Polo stores within the past two weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Robert

Robert Senior member

Is it a jacket or a sweater?

18. jet

jet Senior member

19. AlwaysDressed

AlwaysDressed Senior member

I would consider it a tweener. Definitely more substantial than a sweater but not quite a jacket. If you want a "Sweater" that can truly handle 30-40 degree temperatures...this is it.

20. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I think you need a collared shirt with that jacket/cardigan or it ends up looking like a bathrobe.