Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official brogue boot style thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nerazzurrri, May 28, 2010.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There was actually a really nice gray pair from Dunhill in the SS10 edition of the Esquire Black Book. I would like to see them in person, but I think that they are only available in NYC [​IMG]

2. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

This company's name for some reason stuck in my head even though other than one PSA back in December I never hear of them in MC. Lodger Country Boot Rustic Tan (430 pounds - this might be why I never hear of them):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Some starts a thread on Lodger shoes in MC about once every 3 months. General consensus is they're too expensive for what you get.

I have the AS brogue boot (model name escapes me). I wear 9.5E in US sizing, and by boots are 8.5G. They fit very well in the toe box, but I find the instep to be a little lower than I'd like - the top of my foot feels crushed after a while.

For the OP: you keep asking for brogue boots that don't look clunky, why the hell do you want brogue boots if you think it's a clunky style? You probably want balmoral boots, you just don't know it yet.

4. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ yes

5. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

6. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

those boots you posted are undeniably chunky, and that is perfectly fine. they are not a bad boot. hell, i love my chunky redwing GTs in every color....
    Hmmm... the point is, that for a working boots the Stow are actually pretty trim. Altough the sole is wide the uppers are pretty un-bulky and un-chunky, a far lighter vibe than redwings - less bulbous, and they work with a suit. They are wide, yes, but simply not that bulky - even compared to PS brogue boots, which are more chiselled, but not necessarily less bulky, because the toe of the Stow is reasonably flat. These are curious george's Stow pics. Can you see how low the toe is, compared to redwings or the grafter's shown earlier? [​IMG]

7. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

Does anybody know where I can get a pair of Chelsea boots like this from?

[​IMG]

8. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

9. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

10. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

Just in case anyone's man enough for a full-on worker's, old-style brogue:

This is the William Lennon 78PTC dealier boot.Wonderful chunky design. CHeck them out at williamlennon.co.uk

[​IMG]

And this is their traditional work boot, commando sole. £79! A good price, I reckon.

[​IMG]

Check out their foundry, shepherd and other working boots, too!

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Some starts a thread on Lodger shoes in MC about once every 3 months. General consensus is they're too expensive for what you get.

I have the AS brogue boot (model name escapes me). I wear 9.5E in US sizing, and by boots are 8.5G. They fit very well in the toe box, but I find the instep to be a little lower than I'd like - the top of my foot feels crushed after a while.

For the OP: you keep asking for brogue boots that don't look clunky, why the hell do you want brogue boots if you think it's a clunky style? You probably want balmoral boots, you just don't know it yet.

Theres nothing that makes a brogue boot inherently clunky, you can get sleek ones like the paul smith ones. A balmoral boot is just a boot, that has closed lacing, it can be a brogue boot.

12. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone's man enough for a full-on worker's, old-style brogue:

This is the William Lennon 78PTC dealier boot.Wonderful chunky design. CHeck them out at williamlennon.co.uk

[​IMG]

And this is their traditional work boot, commando sole. £79! A good price, I reckon.

[​IMG]

Check out their foundry, shepherd and other working boots, too!

Would cop if I was working construction. [​IMG]

13. dron

dron Senior member

help me!

i can't seem to find photos of the grenson sharp in the navy nubuck colorway...

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Been looking for it too. No dice yet.

15. rsharp00

rsharp00 Member

Hi all. I'm a noob so forgive me if I breach some etiquette I'm not yet aware of. I've been parusing your wonderful site here and was particularly drawn to you alls' discussion of brogue boots. I've been waffling back-and-forth on this particuliar pair for weeks now and I'd love to hear you alls' thoughts on them. They're Zegna for whatever that's worth. I'm not necessarily brand-loyal - these boots just jumped out at me and I'd love to hear what the experts have to say. Thank you in advance. [​IMG]