Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official brogue boot style thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nerazzurrri, May 28, 2010.

1. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

I really want a pair of ricards, corsos, etc boots.

If i don't get a pair of PS boots what other brands have similar boots?
    Im a size 9.5 us if anyone is selling can pm me.

thanks.[​IMG]

2. nerazzurrri

dmash, why you being such a bitch? Maybe he's a long-time lurker. Maybe he's Tom Ford. Possibly, he learned about fashion without posting on this exact forum. It's actually a pretty good topic, better than the one about how Banana Republic isn't bad even though fits are terrible and materials are shitty.

In summary, dmash: You're trying to be the best guy on the internet, and no one is taking you seriously.

OP: I absolutely adore Tricker Stows. If I had $400 to throw around, I would throw it at them. Big clunky-ass country boots, the Doc Martens of the landed gentry.

Thanks for a legit response instead of bitching why my e-dick isn't big enough to post an "official" thread. I suggest we also put pictures up for reference. [​IMG]

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Thanks for a legit response instead of bitching why my e-dick isn't big enough to post an "official" thread. I suggest we also put pictures up for reference. [​IMG]

No problem, here are the stows (they come in a couple of leather colors, but this is by far my favorite:

[​IMG]

4. nerazzurrri

No problem, here are the stows (they come in a couple of leather colors, but this is by far my favorite:

[​IMG]

those are pretty dope, they run about $400?

5. Makeshift_Robot

those are pretty dope, they run about $400?

Yeah, but of course it fluctuates with the exchange rate. The main issue is the chunkier sole, which would be nice for stomping around in a field during a thunderstorm, but awkward with a lighter suiting fabric (cotton, linen, three-season wool). Maybe after TaT makes me a navy wool suit, they can put together a tweed...

Do you know any beatle-boot-type designs with broguing?

6. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

[​IMG]

Those are beautiful.
    I really like the brogued trickers with the thick vibram lug sole.

[​IMG]

These docs are pretty decent as well.

[​IMG]

7. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Before buying a pair of Stows, find some pictures from different angles to make sure you really like them. They are WIDE and chunky boots - much more than you'd think when you see them from the side.

8. Makeshift_Robot

Before buying a pair of Stows, find some pictures from different angles to make sure you really like them. They are WIDE and chunky boots - much more than you'd think when you see them from the side.

Thanks man, I'll make sure to check. I'm short and thin, so I have to be careful about what I put on my feet.

Earnest Hemingway: those Docs look fantastic. Not sure what I'd wear them with, but the broguing looks great.

9. nerazzurrri

Yeah, but of course it fluctuates with the exchange rate. The main issue is the chunkier sole, which would be nice for stomping around in a field during a thunderstorm, but awkward with a lighter suiting fabric (cotton, linen, three-season wool). Maybe after TaT makes me a navy wool suit, they can put together a tweed...

Do you know any beatle-boot-type designs with broguing?

Um not really, I was just browsing through the PS thread and those shoes make me drool. I love the ricards and corsos, I want a pair that is nice but not too out there with a really chunky sole and what not. I'd be using them as regular shoes and maybe winter boots since you have to throw in some style in the winter[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

someone posted these sundance boots in the paul smith thread and it made me move a dark pair of paul smith brogue boots or shoes to the top of my list [​IMG] i remember when i first started lurking here i thought brogue boots looked goofy as hell [​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

12. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

^ First good-looking shoe in this thread

14. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Alden for Leffot Greenwich boot. So nice. [​IMG]

15. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member