• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread

LThomsen

Reaction score
I
I'm a 12D US. I've got a 11UK on Bontoni and 45 on Vass F. The Vass fit for me is not great, but ok as it breaks in (narrow in toe box).
Where did you buy your bontoni shoes from?

shoes83

Reaction score
This is the other pair. I like the color and it fits me well.

While the monkstraps were basically perfect, minus a tiny imperfection on the suede in the top of the heel cap, this one has a slightly more noticeable blemish on the front of the left foot - see picture below. It's only really noticeable upon close inspection. What do you think, big deal or not really?

Attachments

• 20200910_112141.jpg
    20200910_112141.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200910_112149.jpg
    20200910_112149.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200910_112159.jpg
    20200910_112159.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200910_112206.jpg
    20200910_112206.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 146

Goofy

Reaction score
This is the other pair. I like the color and it fits me well.

While the monkstraps were basically perfect, minus a tiny imperfection on the suede in the top of the heel cap, this one has a slightly more noticeable blemish on the front of the left foot - see picture below. It's only really noticeable upon close inspection. What do you think, big deal or not really?
It appears the finishing received a blow on the toe area. The leather isn’t damaged, but the burnishing has flaked off. A risk of painting by hand as opposed to dying the leather during the tanning process. It can be refinished if you’re skilled enough. Then again it maybe totally intentional. That blemish makes your Bontoni unique. No pair is alike.

Have you already spotted the Bontoni hallmark flower/ clover at the base of the heel. It’s only applied to leather sole Bontoni.
DF0C70A0-64FC-4841-A0D4-48921E0E12BE.jpeg

Last edited:

shoes83

Reaction score
It appears the finishing received a blow on the toe area. The leather isn’t damaged, but the burnishing has flaked off. A risk of painting by hand as opposed to dying the leather during the tanning process. It can be refinished if you’re skilled enough. Then again it maybe totally intentional. That blemish makes your Bontoni unique. No pair is alike.

Have you already spotted the Bontoni hallmark flower/ clover at the base of the heel. It’s only applied to leather sole Bontoni.
View attachment 1455924
Thanks! I'm definitely not skilled enough for this, but I might reach out to someone who is, we'll see.
Appreciate your pointing out the hallmark flower/clover! I had noticed that and thought it was a nice detail, but didn't know it was a hallmark. Very cool.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bontoni Green Patina Boots
$300 shipped, USA
size 9.5
Likely unworn

Attachments

• IMG_3823.PNG
    IMG_3823.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 324

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the Shoegazing website has an extensive index/list of high-end shoemakers, artisans, shoe care product companies - maybe the most extensive list I've seen anywhere. But noticed they have conspicuously left Bontoni off their list?
Wondering if they are intentionally blacklisting them? Pretty strange.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the Shoegazing website has an extensive index/list of high-end shoemakers, artisans, shoe care product companies - maybe the most extensive list I've seen anywhere. But noticed they have conspicuously left Bontoni off their list?
Wondering if they are intentionally blacklisting them? Pretty strange.

Paste the reply I sent you on Instagram:
"I have included Bontoni in a few cases (you can see if you search), but not to the extent they have been tagged (on Swedish version I have that though, when they visited for a trunk show). Will probably happen some time."

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paste the reply I sent you on Instagram:
"I have included Bontoni in a few cases (you can see if you search), but not to the extent they have been tagged (on Swedish version I have that though, when they visited for a trunk show). Will probably happen some time."
Yes thank you. I saw your IG reply. It still seems odd to me that a highly regarded artisan shoemaker like Bontoni did not yet gain a spot in your makers guide.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes thank you. I saw your IG reply. It still seems odd to me that a highly regarded artisan shoemaker like Bontoni did not yet gain a spot in your makers guide.

As described, included in the brand guide are brands that have been tagged in an article, they get a tag when brands are a large part of them. Yet, Bontoni hasn't (on English version, they have on the Swedish), as loads of other famous brands haven't either. Nothing more weird than that, don't get it why you would think I'd "blacklist" them or whatever.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As described, included in the brand guide are brands that have been tagged in an article, they get a tag when brands are a large part of them. Yet, Bontoni hasn't (on English version, they have on the Swedish), as loads of other famous brands haven't either. Nothing more weird than that, don't get it why you would think I'd "blacklist" them or whatever.
No worries and thanks for the clarification.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I havent been able to wear my Bontonis due to work and also they were just a hair too snug. I have listed a few of them on the bay and am happy to sell to any member here via DM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads