• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium to light brown with chocolate trim would be nice. I think it seems a little like a saddle shoe.

yep, with a slight dressier twist but still casual

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yep, with a slight dressier twist but still casual

do it! I think itll be pretty awesome.

I still need to decide on my navy but Ejirardo posted some good options for me. I think I might get the navy suede boot with the tan leather accents.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy iPhone pic of today's shoe - Bontoni wholecut:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Justin - You have a pair of these in Brown, but I think they look pretty kick ass in Navy. Picture from the Shoe Snob blog posting day. http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/

That does look pretty nice. I think that I like the single monk from Marios a little better. Just a slightly different style which I dont have.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
My husband ordered his first pair of really nice shoes that just so happen to be Bontoni! We went to a Bontoni Truck Show and ordered a pair of Monk Straps in Navy Blue. Went last month, won't be getting them in till July
frown.gif
What's even better is that his name is engraved in the sole! Should be a great Christmas present in July!
laugh.gif

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Bontoni turn around is true to form, it will be Christmas time at Christmas time. But worth the wait!

Ejirardo

Reaction score

If Bontoni turn around is true to form, it will be Christmas time at Christmas time. But worth the wait!

My last few pairs I have received from Bontoni MTO have arrived within 3 to 4 months of ordering. Having been a customer of Bontoni's over the past five years or so I was use to the longer wait times because to me the shoes are worth it. So I inquired as to why the wait times were much shorter for my last two pairs and what I was told was that Bontoni has implemented a new policy that shoes will be ready within 5 months of ordering or there is a discount. In an effort to meet this goal they have hired more shoe makers. Take it for what its worth but someone who knows the owners very well told me this and I have seen it in action. I believe Justin received a few he ordered around the five month mark as well.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THAT is good news. I've been quoted 3 - 4 months from one supplier and up to a year from another.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My last few pairs I have received from Bontoni MTO have arrived within 3 to 4 months of ordering. Having been a customer of Bontoni's over the past five years or so I was use to the longer wait times because to me the shoes are worth it. So I inquired as to why the wait times were much shorter for my last two pairs and what I was told was that Bontoni has implemented a new policy that shoes will be ready within 5 months of ordering or there is a discount. In an effort to meet this goal they have hired more shoe makers. Take it for what its worth but someone who knows the owners very well told me this and I have seen it in action. I believe Justin received a few he ordered around the five month mark as well.

Good to hear!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads