• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread

LThomsen

Reaction score
I
I'm a 12D US. I've got a 11UK on Bontoni and 45 on Vass F. The Vass fit for me is not great, but ok as it breaks in (narrow in toe box).
Where did you buy your bontoni shoes from?

shoes83

Reaction score
This is the other pair. I like the color and it fits me well.

While the monkstraps were basically perfect, minus a tiny imperfection on the suede in the top of the heel cap, this one has a slightly more noticeable blemish on the front of the left foot - see picture below. It's only really noticeable upon close inspection. What do you think, big deal or not really?

Attachments

Goofy

Reaction score
This is the other pair. I like the color and it fits me well.

While the monkstraps were basically perfect, minus a tiny imperfection on the suede in the top of the heel cap, this one has a slightly more noticeable blemish on the front of the left foot - see picture below. It's only really noticeable upon close inspection. What do you think, big deal or not really?
It appears the finishing received a blow on the toe area. The leather isn’t damaged, but the burnishing has flaked off. A risk of painting by hand as opposed to dying the leather during the tanning process. It can be refinished if you’re skilled enough. Then again it maybe totally intentional. That blemish makes your Bontoni unique. No pair is alike.

Have you already spotted the Bontoni hallmark flower/ clover at the base of the heel. It’s only applied to leather sole Bontoni.
DF0C70A0-64FC-4841-A0D4-48921E0E12BE.jpeg

Last edited:

shoes83

Reaction score
It appears the finishing received a blow on the toe area. The leather isn’t damaged, but the burnishing has flaked off. A risk of painting by hand as opposed to dying the leather during the tanning process. It can be refinished if you’re skilled enough. Then again it maybe totally intentional. That blemish makes your Bontoni unique. No pair is alike.

Have you already spotted the Bontoni hallmark flower/ clover at the base of the heel. It’s only applied to leather sole Bontoni.
View attachment 1455924
Thanks! I'm definitely not skilled enough for this, but I might reach out to someone who is, we'll see.
Appreciate your pointing out the hallmark flower/clover! I had noticed that and thought it was a nice detail, but didn't know it was a hallmark. Very cool.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's