1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Now back to our originally scheduled program

[​IMG]

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

You're both wrong about my barrels, but yes I know the distillery that makes Hudson will sell and ship barrels at pretty decent prices. I got mine from a place in Chicago...

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

4. ama

ama Senior member

You're both wrong about my barrels, but yes I know the distillery that makes Hudson will sell and ship barrels at pretty decent prices. I got mine from a place in Chicago...

Koval?

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

We have a winner!!! Still working out the details, we also have a Hudson barrel as well...

6. ama

ama Senior member

We have a winner!!! Still working out the details, we also have a Hudson barrel as well...

What did the Koval have in it before? Lion's Pride?

A Hudson barrel that housed Baby Bourbon or Four Grain will likely produce a better beer. Those are much better whiskeys than Lions Pride.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You all suck.

I picked up a pack of the new Kirkland sampler. Pale, Brown, IPA, and something else (Hefe I think). Will report back.

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

I've got 5 gallons of an imperial IPA that I'm going to be oak ageing in my kitchen. Also, a local restaurant/bar is tapping KBS tonight at 5. I'm going to try to be responsible.

9. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I've got 5 gallons of an imperial IPA that I'm going to be oak ageing in my kitchen. Also, a local restaurant/bar is tapping KBS tonight at 5. I'm going to try to be responsible.

Enjoy the view from the parking lot. Seriously, if this event is advertised and since KBS is so rare you are going to be facing a packed house. Good luck.

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Luckily there is only so many beer nerds in Richmond, but yeah, i'm sure we'll all be there.

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

What did the Koval have in it before? Lion's Pride?

A Hudson barrel that housed Baby Bourbon or Four Grain will likely produce a better beer. Those are much better whiskeys than Lions Pride.

No clue on what was in the barrel, I have to go and pick that bitch up soon. I'll letcha know when I have it in my hands. I agree with you about the Hudson barrel, but when it's your first time experimenting I think it's better for a bit of trial and error at little to no cost rather than keep blowing $140 each time...

12. ama

ama Senior member

No clue on what was in the barrel, I have to go and pick that bitch up soon. I'll letcha know when I have it in my hands. I agree with you about the Hudson barrel, but when it's your first time experimenting I think it's better for a bit of trial and error at little to no cost rather than keep blowing $140 each time...

Thats true. Well please let me know what was in that barrel, I am very interested.

13. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

hmmm, need to find me a quality bar tonight thats not going to be stupidly packed.

14. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Tooch just texted me. 1 bottle limit in Chicago. Not case. Bottle.

Typical Tuesday night for me
    [​IMG]

Yup my local shop got a case and lucky for me I have a good rapport with the beverage manager and he's setting aside a bottle for me, which I pick up tomorrow!

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

16. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

This is my favorite stout for now :smile:

[​IMG]

17. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I wanna play this game too! [​IMG]

18. MrGoodBytes

This is my favorite stout for now :smile:

nightstalker is freakin amazing!

19. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

nightstalker is freakin amazing!

I prefer it's bigger brother Bourbon County 1,000,000x more! Did you make it to Local Option on Wednesday?

20. MrGoodBytes

I prefer it's bigger brother Bourbon County 1,000,000x more! Did you make it to Local Option on Wednesday?

those are the 2 stouts I enjoy.

ya I hit up Local Option, thanks for the tip on that... awesome place. The woman was at a show at the Apollo so it worked out well being a few blocks away. I was nervous blindly checking out a new place on st pattys day but it wasn't incredibly busy nor was there much of the green douchyness of the crowd. I've had about 2/3rd of the beers they had which was a great sign. I'll definitely be going back.