• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i might get a couple of those crate and barel ones this weekend for my clumsy friends. last time i checked, they didn't have them, so hopefully i can at least compare. i REALLY REALLY like the spiegelaus and the premium over them is the cost of a decent 6 pack. no way would i spend any more on glasses, but amazon with prime free shipping, why not.

I ordered a pair online for my dad's place. Won't be able to compare them until I visit later this month.

I figured at that price point I'd be silly not to get some of them

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i felt the same way. i spend a lot on beer, so why not. i do, however, want to compare the c&b ones because i wouldn't mind having more around for when i have guests over. they are probably very, very similar.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Three Floyds next week, if anybody wants anything hit me up and we can work something out...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from yesterday. Maudite. I want to try this one again. Nothing special at first, but as I drank it, I was more and more intrigued. Maybe it was too cold at the beginning.

9ac31376.jpg

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i felt the same way. i spend a lot on beer, so why not. i do, however, want to compare the c&b ones because i wouldn't mind having more around for when i have guests over. they are probably very, very similar.
Yeah, it just seems wrong to spend $20+ on a beer and then drink it out of some dinky glass, might as well have quality glassware to match what goes in it. Would be like eating some exquisite meal off of a paper plate with plastic cutlery. I'll be sure to post my thoughts about the C&B ones vs the Spiegelaus. PS. Unibroue is good ****, basically any bottle from them is teh goodness. Try Trois Pistoles, it's very good. I still need to buy a bottle of La Terribles, which is the same style ale.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the differences. If i get to the mall this weekend, i'm going to see if they have the glasses. picked up a couple of each of these for the weekend. gave up on the KBS. Regular Breakfast Stout will have to do. also, just realized i went stout crazy this weekend.
SoutherTierIPA.png
brooklyn_brewery_black_chocolate_stout1.jpg
bell_cs.jpg
FoundersBreakfastStout.jpg
bourbon-county-stout.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Going to Three Floyds next week, if anybody wants anything hit me up and we can work something out...

what from Three Floyds do you recommend. I'm thinking about placing an order with the Archer place you linked earlier.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am going to be picking up a collab they are releasing with dogfish head next week named poppaskull and i'm also gonna snag some creeper. you can only get them at the brewery, i'll also wind up grabbing anything else that might be seasonal, plus some fresh artic panzer wolf and dreadnaught.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FoundersBreakfastStout.jpg

bourbon-county-stout.jpg

These 2 I want so bad. I have like no ******* room for new beers though, oh, that and I can't find them around here
ffffuuuu.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
These 2 I want so bad. I have like no ******* room for new beers though, oh, that and I can't find them around here
ffffuuuu.gif

i have both from '08-'10, where do ya live? you can get BCBS pretty much all over the country...

socialdtk

Reaction score
I finally made it to the Pisgah Brewing Company located in Black Mountain, NC last weekend. Left with 120 bottles and 5 growlers of the following brews, Pale Ale ( which was suprisingly tasty for an American Pale Ale ), Nitro Stout, Porter, Hellbender Barleywine, and Cosmos.

danilo

Reaction score
from yesterday. Maudite. I want to try this one again. Nothing special at first, but as I drank it, I was more and more intrigued. Maybe it was too cold at the beginning.

9ac31376.jpg

this beer has one of the most unique flavors I've tasted... very memorable

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i have both from '08-'10, where do ya live? you can get BCBS pretty much all over the country...

Southern California. I've never seen it here, or I've just glossed over it
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics