• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
79F0319D-0DFD-4B02-9CB7-DC83FD5BD635.jpeg
Pizza Port x Alesmith “Logical Choice” iiipa. This was hella good...

Anm1984

Reaction score
I think after Westmalle the Hendrik triple is he best I’ve had. That must have been fun.

Chouan

Reaction score
I think after Westmalle the Hendrik triple is he best I’ve had. That must have been fun.
It was, although some of them were seriously vile. The two lambic beers, the Geuze and the Kriek were truly awful. However, although I hated them, others of the party really liked them. The Duchesse de Bourgogne was strange, both sweet and very sour at the same time; very complex and very difficult to describe. I thought the St.Bernadus wonderful, but nobody else liked it, so I had it virtually to myself. At 11% I struggled manfully to finish it. Somebody had to do it.......

Last edited:

Anm1984

Reaction score
It was, although some of them were seriously vile. The two lambic beers, the Geuze and the Kriek were truly awful. However, although I hated them, others of the party really liked them. The Duchesse de Bourgogne was strange, both sweet and very sour at the same time; very complex and very difficult to describe. I thought the St.Bernadus wonderful, but nobody else liked it, so I had it virtually to myself. At 11% I struggled manfully to finish it. Somebody had to do it.......

That’s crazy the St.Bernadus is amazing. Lambics and Geuze really take time to appreciate and some never get there.

Prepela

Reaction score
If you ask me, only beer is a lager beer with 4% to 5% alcohol. I would not call this fruit beverages beer. Some have 10 to 12% and are taste really bad. If i wanna drink something with 12% i prefer Pinot noir.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ask me, only beer is a lager beer with 4% to 5% alcohol. I would not call this fruit beverages beer. Some have 10 to 12% and are taste really bad. If i wanna drink something with 12% i prefer Pinot noir.

Despite colorful labels and fanciful names most beers posted here are not "fruit beverages". Yes some beers with 10-12% alc taste bad. You can buy mediocre expensive beer as easily as mediocre expensive pinot noir(well in fact you will usually buy mediocre pinot noir for the price of world-class beer.. often several bottles of it). There are at least 30-40 easily obtainable styles of beer which have in fact much wider pallette of taste than dry reds and the tastes are usually more intensive. So yeah, I'm quite sure you'd find something for yourself if you gave it an honest shot.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve founds dozens, if not over a hundred, of beers I really like and perhaps two or three red wines that I like. I’ll take the odds of a beer being good.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread. I love beer! I'm inspired now to have one.

I have not read past pages yet but 2 recommendations I have are Weihenstephaner Original Premium and Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout.

I have not been able to find a better tasting stout. And I'm trying hard to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads