The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

i'd vouch for apex since not only do they have a great beer list, but you can snag a great burrito from los gorditos next door and enjoy your beer + burrito on the apex patio. beermongers is catty-corner from apex too. belmont station is also great since they have a good tap list and an even better bottle shop. there's a sandwich foodcart outside too. i'd also req making the trek to one drop bottle shop on burnside for the occasional rare bottle, commons brewing, and gigantic brewing, which is deep in SE.

also not beer related but hale pele is an incredible tiki bar and 100% worth checking out.

also the portland airport has a couple places you can snag beer past security for the flight home. nothing too crazy but i remember seeing a few gigantic brewing bombers at least.

2. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

brp2 and karmaguy, thank you both so much for your recs. I'll be there mid-Sept. A few of those places were mentioned by a buddy who goes up every year, but is more into food than beer. Good to know about picking up bottles, post-security at PDX. Wish I was going to be there longer, but I'm really just able to tack on just one additional day after some training I'm attending.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I went to the Boulder Craft Beer Festival today with one of my neighbors. I kind of lost track, but I think we tried brews from 30 breweries.

4. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Totally forgot about this. Years ago I remember grabbing Logsdons and Cascades there. Haven't flown through Portland in forever though.