1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

tooch, I see the publican is tapping a barrel of Darkness tomorrow.... I might have to make a trip over there.

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

tooch, I see the publican is tapping a barrel of Darkness tomorrow.... I might have to make a trip over there.

I have 3 bottles at the house and it was just meh this year, I saw that too on Twitter...

3. MrGoodBytes

ahh, thanks for the heads up. I'm already hitting up the maproom and the bristol tonight. Might wait for another week with the publican if darkness is passable this year.

4. nencyderaheja

nencyderaheja New Member

I really liked Founders Centennial IPA, because its 65 IBU and 7.2%abv. Its a great flavour not to bitter, kinda fruity tones but not so much that it gets that weird. Also one of the few beers that has a Higher alcohol content and is not way over priced.

5. SC Widders

SC Widders Well-Known Member

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Not really a beer drinker but had some Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale and really liked it. Nice creamy head, a bit milky, nice depth of flavors.
    I always figured you for a creamy head type of guy. Tooch - nice haul but your home theater setup needs work.

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I always figured you for a creamy head type of guy.

Tooch - nice haul but your home theater setup needs work.

Hahahaha...Yeah, I am living in a temporary space until April before the pre-wifey and I move in together. That TV is my baby, I bought it about 5 years ago when plasmas where all the rage and super pricey. I have like 5 different TVs most are boxed up and there really is no need in getting everything all set-up when I am going to be moving it again for the 3rd time in 1 year. I can watch sports and cable and that's all I need for now.

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

ahh, thanks for the heads up. I'm already hitting up the maproom and the bristol tonight. Might wait for another week with the publican if darkness is passable this year.

Hit up Local Option if you want a great line-up about to be tapped. If you do ever want to try Darkness, I can open up a bottle sometime, I have another amazing haul on the way this week and it's gonna be full of some BIG and RARE beers. Did someone say Double Barrel Aged Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout from Cigar City?!

9. MrGoodBytes

Hit up Local Option if you want a great line-up about to be tapped. If you do ever want to try Darkness, I can open up a bottle sometime, I have another amazing haul on the way this week and it's gonna be full of some BIG and RARE beers. Did someone say Double Barrel Aged Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout from Cigar City?!

holy hell is that a lineup! thank you for the heads up. although I'm working from home tomorrow so arrangements would be tricky.

so what exactly makes something double barrel aged?

anyways I drank entirely too much last night... I blame all the rounds of the dreadnaught. Everything after that is blurry at best.
    I had this gem on tap, remember really enjoying it as it was definitely different.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile...?ba=crossovert
    and this guy which I remember in name only.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5062/25231

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Aged once in Brandy Barrels and then aged in Bourbon Barrels after, I wish it was the Apple Brandy Barrel Hunahpu, but less than 60 bottles exist, but it's supposed to be amazing. I've only had one chance to trade for it and I'd pretty much have to offer up all my big guns to get it and I'd rather not. One beer is not worth 6...

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I had to raise this thread back up from the dead...

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i'm waiting patiently to post something new.........[​IMG]

13. ama

ama Senior member

Picked up a few of these today. Looks promising:

[​IMG]

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Got a lovely care package delivered today....Pics coming later.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG] One helluva beer. would be more drinkable with less hops, but really nice. Malts, citrus, chocolate, toast, nuts, pretty good

16. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

i'm waiting patiently to post something new.........[​IMG]

Well, if you want to try KBS then you're gonna have to wait until I get it! This guy is a pain in the ass, either way, a very special box will be in the mail to you...

17. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Ninkasi Tricerihops. Really good, actually. Nice malty backbone & great hoppy flavor. It'll be a repeat buy, for sure. Also got the Dbl Bastard, but I'm trying to pace myself [​IMG]

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Well, if you want to try KBS then you're gonna have to wait until I get it! This guy is a pain in the ass, either way, a very special box will be in the mail to you...

Maybe what I'm most excited for. [​IMG]

I bought some half acre x shorts freedom of 78 today. Trying that tonight

19. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

In Austria we have literally hundreds of breweries- large and small and many independent ones (Hirter, Kapsreiter are for example some of the better ones)- but hands down I must admit that the tab-beer, fresh from the barrel, in several beergardens in Munich was even better. For summer I'd recommend the Hirschgarten near the train-station, or also the Augustiner- or Hofbräu, in every season.

Here in Vienna for example the Siebensternbräu does some interesting experiments as well- they even make some Chili- and Hemp-beer. All in all I'm no beer drinker when at home but do guzzle it, too, when out and about or in company...

Other really excellent beers are from the Czech Republic: try Kozel or Budweiser, from Budvar, not the American version!- there are worlds between them, the U.S.-one tastes like coloured water with a bit of alcohol added to it!