• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope - no time is wasted here when the sun's out...

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/tartaruga-super-fresca/315462/

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

I'll be there. I'll probably be the only other guy wearing Engineered Garments. Say hi!

nice, will do & back atcha! I've actually never hung out for a bottle release, should I try and get there before their stated time to get ahead of the line at all?

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice, will do & back atcha! I've actually never hung out for a bottle release, should I try and get there before their stated time to get ahead of the line at all?

I don't think it really matters in this scenario. From what I've heard the Coolship releases are pretty low key in comparison other beer releases. I'll probably aim to get there a few minutes before nine.

alexg

Reaction score

Jester King Mad Meg/El Cedro/Ambrée/Noble King/Snörkel
Hopfenstark Saison Station 7/Satation 16/ Station 55
Two Roads Worker's Comp Saison/Lil' Heaven/Honeyspot/Unorthodox
Blue Mountain Dark Hollow/Long Winters Nap/ Full Nelson PA/Wee Heavy Scotch Ale/Kolsch 151/Classic Lager
Against the Grain+Stillwater Tall Tale/Little Did We Know,
B. Nektar Kill All The Golfers/Necromangocon,
Crooked Stave St. Bretta (Fall)/Vieille Artisianal (Cranberry&Spices)/Nightmare on Brett/Stave Origins/Flor d'Lees
Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hop IPA
High Water Hop Riot IPA
Hoppin Frog Gulden Fraug/Tower Tuesday
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere/Luciernaga/Oro de Calabaza
Westbrook Märzen
Lost Abbey Lost and Found

Thoughts on Brekeriet (other than their Cassis)?

Out of the ones I've had on that list, my favorites are all the Jester King beers, specifically the Ambrée, Noble King and Snörkel, the B.Nektar meads, any of the Crooked Stave, and I'm pretty sure I liked the Bam Bière from Jolly Pumpkin. The Brekeriet stuff is great. I just tried them for the first time at Mikkeller and Friends, all the bartenders there were saying how much they loved them. I had the Sour and Hoppy, Sour and Salty and Barrique Baroque. I highly recommend all of them. They seem to be exceedingly difficult to find though outside of Scandinavia.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of the ones I've had on that list, my favorites are all the Jester King beers, specifically the Ambrée, Noble King and Snörkel, the B.Nektar meads, any of the Crooked Stave, and I'm pretty sure I liked the Bam Bière from Jolly Pumpkin. The Brekeriet stuff is great. I just tried them for the first time at Mikkeller and Friends, all the bartenders there were saying how much they loved them. I had the Sour and Hoppy, Sour and Salty and Barrique Baroque. I highly recommend all of them. They seem to be exceedingly difficult to find though outside of Scandinavia.

Thanks! Beergium will have them in stock soon. No idea about the pricing. I've asked Sébastien (the owner). He'll have these in stock:

(If you want to order and do me a favor (or hc4), use one of our affiliate link thingies ;))

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(canned 3 months ago) This is nice. Pretty high abv for a Weisse but balanced. At least around here, Weisses have ~2.5%. Similar to the color, it tastes quite a bit of apple juice -- haven't noticed this in a Berliner Weisse before. Then again, I'm no Weisse expert. There's probably two or three craft/micro breweries in Berlin that brew it. That's it. Some breweries outside of Berlin are adapting a Berlin Weisse style, but not many (and then there's "macro"-ish breweries like Kindl Weisse that doesn't really qualify as Berliner Weisse).
Same for Gose. There's two breweries I know of, one in Leipzig (which makes Ritterguts Gose) and one in Goslar (Goslarer Gose), and to my knowledge, both mostly export to the US. Then there's one microbrewer who makes a gose beer every now and then, haven't had a chance to try it yet though. And that's about it. Sad times. But the tide is turning.

Erm, wow. I appreciate the idea but this isn't for me. 13%, very hoppy, bitter, very sweet, very everything. Not my cup of tea. I can barely drink it.
-------
So, I'm storing my IPAs/PAs/Lagers/Weisse/Wits in the fridge (and focus on drinking them first). Shouldn't be a problem to store high abv stouts/dubbels/quads and such at relatively consistent and relatively low temperatures for 3-9 months, right? What about wild ales?

Last edited:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@KenP

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Fresh Grapefruit Sculpin is the best EVAR!!!

Seriously though, **** is so crushable. Don't know how any IPA fan wouldn't enjoy it. Oh well... I'm going to stop by BP in about 20mins, get a half-growler full, and drink for both of us! I still rate Alpine Nelson, Pure Hoppiness and regular Sculpin ahead of it, thoughI've probably had 20gals of the GF and the "novelty" isn't close to wearing off.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

(canned 3 months ago) This is nice. Pretty high abv for a Weisse but balanced. At least around here, Weisses have ~2.5%. Similar to the color, it tastes quite a bit of apple juice -- haven't noticed this in a Berliner Weisse before. Then again, I'm no Weisse expert. There's probably two or three craft/micro breweries in Berlin that brew it. That's it. Some breweries outside of Berlin are adapting a Berlin Weisse style, but not many (and then there's "macro"-ish breweries like Kindl Weisse that doesn't really qualify as Berliner Weisse).
Same for Gose. There's two breweries I know of, one in Leipzig (which makes Ritterguts Gose) and one in Goslar (Goslarer Gose), and to my knowledge, both mostly export to the US. Then there's one microbrewer who makes a gose beer every now and then, haven't had a chance to try it yet though. And that's about it. Sad times. But the tide is turning.

Erm, wow. I appreciate the idea but this isn't for me. 13%, very hoppy, bitter, very sweet, very everything. Not my cup of tea. I can barely drink it.
-------
So, I'm storing my IPAs/PAs/Lagers/Weisse/Wits in the fridge (and focus on drinking them first). Shouldn't be a problem to store high abv stouts/dubbels/quads and such at relatively consistent and relatively low temperatures for 3-9 months, right? What about wild ales?

wow that's crazy. there's only 3 craft breweries in berlin that brews berliner weisse and only two that brew Goses?

they're both still somewhat uncommon but there's so many in the states that brew both.

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude: there are virtually no IPAs made by Belgian breweries either... Crazy innit :)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice Pils.

I don't think I've had this particular beer before. But I definitely know this flavor; some beer I've had had it too. Don't think it's the white sage. Oh well. Very good beer, but not my preferred flavor.

Very nice.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BBE 02/2015 (kinda overlooked this when I've ordered it). Solid wit. Relatively light-bodied.

Have any of you tried OWA's Sakura or Ume Lambic?

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shitload of Struise beers re-stocked during an afternoon visiting some local beershops...

Holy cow - that really got outta hand quickly... :D

Last edited:

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads