The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Skydiver Nick

Skydiver Nick Well-Known Member

Stelllllllla.

Stellaaaaa

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. Joseph K. Bank

Joseph K. Bank Senior member

Rolling Rock is still my favorite mainly for its smoothness and balanced flavor.

3. jkw

jkw Senior member

schneider weisse

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

Status whores who try to claim they have taste and culture yet can only apply it to beer?

I used to drive a shitty old cavalier with a crappy suspension, little dents/scratches, and zero power. Still got me to my location the same as all those losers in their bmws, VWs, and non-bargain basement cars that costed over $3k. Why pay for more?

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Wait? This is still a forum with thousands of threads about high end clothing, food, scotch, movies, music, etc... right? A high end beer thread certainly seems out of place. Going to Bennigan's is pretty much the same as high end restaurants too. I think Kwilkerson can attest to that

6. velobran

velobran Senior member

[​IMG] strong ass beer

When I'm vacationing in Brazil, I'll drink the hell out of Leffe. Basically, it's one of the best beers I can get there for a decent price (German and American imports are usually insanely priced there, not sure why Leffe goes for $2 a bottle). The national beers are great for the beach, but when I want flavor, I need something with more substance.

I'll drink it on occasion at home too, but normally stick with IPAs.

7. velobran

velobran Senior member

Drank Avery IPA on draft in Greenville, SC last week. Pretty damn declicious and slightlly buzzed at lunch.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Going to Bennigan's is pretty much the same as high end restaurants too. I think Kwilkerson can attest to that
    [​IMG]

9. dgsmza

dgsmza Active Member

I absolutely love Tübingers Red Ale... it is brewed in Southern Chile. I am not sure if it is available overseas also. If you ever head down to South America, you should definitely give it a try.
    Stella Artois is pretty good, too.

10. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Recently enjoyed the Green Flash IPA and the Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Hmm...I've been recently trying to get myself to enjoy beer more. I wasn't able to stand the taste before, but I think I'm starting to acquire some respect for the variety of tastes that different beers can have. With that said, I've also learned that I REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the bitterness of hops. I think of the beers I've had, I've particularly enjoyed Hoegaarden, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Blue Moon. I guess I like wheat beers that are smooth and clean, but I'm open to trying other beers. What beers do you suggest?

12. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love Pacifica on a hot day.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Hmm...I've been recently trying to get myself to enjoy beer more. I wasn't able to stand the taste before, but I think I'm starting to acquire some respect for the variety of tastes that different beers can have. With that said, I've also learned that I REALLY REALLY REALLY dislike the bitterness of hops. I think of the beers I've had, I've particularly enjoyed Hoegaarden, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Blue Moon. I guess I like wheat beers that are smooth and clean, but I'm open to trying other beers. What beers do you suggest?
    Dude. If you abhor hops drink Belgian Trappist beers -- Chimay Red or Blue. Just. Do. It.

14. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Dude. If you abhor hops drink Belgian Trappist beers -- Chimay Red or Blue. Just. Do. It.
    I'll give it a try and tell you how it goes [​IMG]

15. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Three of my favourite beers are made by Fullers in London:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]