1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'm a two-fisted drinker in my office at lunchtime. A triple Americano and an Isolation Ale by Odell Brewing (Fort Collins, CO).

[​IMG]

3. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

4. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Cracked my first breakfast stout of the season last night

2 people like this.
  5. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Been about a month (October flew right by!) so I'm just going to post some highlights.

Still awestruck by this box I got about a month ago. Shipping to Belgium is always sooooooo expensive but pays off in the long run.
    [​IMG]

Of course I had to open something while unpacking/finding space in my closet. I think this one my least favorite Cantillons. Just a little too acidic and one dimensional. That said, it's still pretty damn good.
    [​IMG]

This one has to be one of the best beers I've ever had. Pretty much everything I'm looking for in a beer, acidic, funky, oaky and well balanced between the three. Highly recommend seeking this out.
    [​IMG]

My friend who works for Oxbow printed these t-shirts. Considering this is my favorite beer by them I had to have one. If only to make this picture happen.
    [​IMG]

Really solid dark saison/oud bruin. Still have to try more from them.
    [​IMG]

Very excited to try this one. I think I have one or two more and I will have tried every single one of Russian River's bottled offerings. This one has been my favorite thus far. Good balance between fruit, acid and funk.
    [​IMG]

I won these two in a charity raffle. Not sure when I will drink them... the ABV really scares me.
    [​IMG]

Heard mixed reviews of this but I really liked it. It wasn't acidic at all rather kind of sweet. Reminded me a lot of Allagash's Cuvee D'Industrial.
    [​IMG]

Took a Friday off and spent the weekend in Vermont. Went to Hill Farmstead of course and enjoyed a Civil Disobediance 13 in their new tasting room. Really great facility and there was virtually no wait time for growlers or bottles. Of course the following week was when the release a bunch of special bottles... I can't be too mad though. Their "shelf" beers are always great.
    [​IMG]

Got a bunch of hoppy growlers (Mosaic, Abner, Double Citra) but I think this one was my favorite.
    [​IMG]

Stocked up on a bunch of Anna. They changed the recipe since the last time they released it and I can't say that I'm in love with it. A lot more oak than the previous release. The lemony hint of acid is gone too. There's a bit of hoppy bitterness that I don't remember as well.
    [​IMG]

Wish this beer came out more often. A bit more restrained than their other DIPA's but I think that's what makes it great.
    [​IMG]

If you see this beer around, buy some! Seriously, this did not get the hype it deserves. Such a good fruit character to it, like drinking funky pear juice or green apples.
    [​IMG]

This box showed up over the weekend. Nothing but awesomeness. Excited to finally try SITR with Peaches.
    [​IMG]

New "table" (read: low ABV) version of Dorothy. I liked it but not my favorite from them.
    [​IMG]

Very excited for another tasting with @Concealed and @ocooney this weekend!

4 people like this.
  6. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

By the way, is there interest in doing a holiday beer-it-forward? Last year we had barely enough entrants to make it work. Also given some snafu's last year I think we'd have to keep it strictly for USA people.

I know @Ds13 and @Fueco had expressed interest in another thread. I think we'd need at least 10 people to make it worth while.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    3 people like this.
  7. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

In

8. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

I'd be down, I don't know a whole lot about beer (other than that I enjoy drinking it) but I'll try to gain some knowledge first.

9. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Okay so that's 3 including me.

Tagging some others who may be interested: @notwithit @thewho13 @concealed @Tooch4321 @cocostella @alexg @Cotton Dockers @nahneun @OmniscientCause @brp2 @indesertum (if you're back from Seoul) @otc @brp2 @Portland Dry Goods @archibaldleach @13k

If I can get a few more yes's in this thread I'll start a dedicated one. Last year's thread is here if anyone is curious.

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i've love to join, but i don't think i can source anything particularly rare

11. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

The idea in the past was not to send rare beers, but beers that are not distributed in the recipient's state. The $ threshold has been to spend at least $30 on beer before shipping.

12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

okay. that sounds fine to me then. sign me up. can i honestly just talk to the person i'm matched with and ask them what they can't get lol

1 person likes this.
  13. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

This was the tool posted a few years ago to help with that

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

1 person likes this.
  14. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

Not a regular contributor to this thread, but I'd do this too.

Don't have 100 posts tho :/

15. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

I'd be down, just need to re-read how to pack and ship everything again.

16. kape

kape Well-Known Member

17. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Cool. I'll set up a new thread for it tomorrow.

@Best Budz 100 posts was more of a guideline than a hard rule. Looks like you've been a member here long enough. You can definitely join.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  18. 13k

13k Senior member

Ken thanks for tagging me. Have not been super active on the forums as of late but I would definitely love to do another beer it forward. Despite the turnout, it was super fun last year. I'll be sure to stock up on packing supplies this time around!

2 people like this.
  19. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Well if you're gonna tag me @Ken P, then I guess I can't say no. :satisfied:

2 people like this.
  20. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I could be game, problem is Chicago is currently getting every brewery in the damn US of A minus Russian River, HF, SARA and a couple others. Off Color Jerk Bird 750ml bottles for everybody!

4 people like this.