• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BastiaanB
Grolsch !

When I was 18 I had a job loading trucks at a beer distributor (great job if you're 18, btw). One of the drivers was selling a lot of Grolsch in a pretty rough part of Hannibal, MO. He finally asked one of the convenience store guys why they were selling so much rather expensive beer in that neighborhood. The clerk told him that after the guys would drink the beer they would pull the wire out of the porcelain stopper and use the stopper to hold their roach. Good insulator and free with beer = quality roach clip.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that the warm weather is coming....

hefe8.JPG

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hefes are absolutely delicious. Especially when you have acquired a taste for them and can properly enjoy all the tasting notes. **** me. I might just open one now.

Azraelscross

Reaction score
Naramata Nut brown ale still tops as my favorite beer. Dark, bitter and actually has flavor

i really want to try Anarchist Amber Ale by the same brewery as well

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hacker-Pschorr is the ****. I also recommend Ayinger as an excellent hefe.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Now that the warm weather is coming....

hefe8.JPG

****, that has a nice light caramel color to it, and the head is perfect! Gotta find me one of that!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azraelscross
Naramata Nut brown ale still tops as my favorite beer. Dark, bitter and actually has flavor

i really want to try Anarchist Amber Ale by the same brewery as well

If you like nut brown ale you should look for Goose Island nut brown ale. Delicious.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I often go for the Franziskaner Weiss as well. Paulaner is also an excellent choice. Around these parts, finding either one on tap is very rare. Being from Chicago you must have access to some really good brews on tap, namely: Three Floyd's.
I had the chance to try Franziskaner Weiss on tap at the Frankfurt airport. Infinitely better than the bottled beer we get here. I'm a fan of Blue Moon, Mississippi Mud, Stella Artois, Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, Goose Island Summertime. Generally lagers, often (but not always) light, especially like a kick at the end like Summertime or Blue Moon offers. I would like to be as discerning about my beer as I'm becoming regarding clothes, but I just turned 21 a month ago, and haven't had time to try too much variety in bars, etc. The default in college is Busch Lite
tongue.gif

eponymous

Reaction score
There are so many great beers out there it is difficult to pick just one, but in terms of my desert island beer, it would definitely be Deschutes Brewery's Mirror Pond Pale Ale. Probably the most versatile beer I have encountered. Sadly, it's impossible to find on the east coast (where I now live).

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to like Adelscott a lot, but haven't been able to find it in the US for years.

Right now my faves are Dogfish 90 minute IPA and Goose Island Mild Winter.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
I had the chance to try Franziskaner Weiss on tap at the Frankfurt airport. Infinitely better than the bottled beer we get here.

most beers do better on tap for some reason..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads