1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i had oak aged seizoen bretta and i have to say it was pretty damn good and oak wasn't too overwhelming

2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

When it comes to those two Petrus, there is one I like and there is one I don't (that my girlfriend likes) and I can never remember which is which so I don't even bother. If I had to guess I don't like the bruin.

Also the one beer I had from Logsdon was great. I wish they distributed up here. I'd love to try Peche n'Brett. (cough, indesertum send me some cough)

3. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

You won't find Peche 'n Brett in NYC, hell, it's hard enough to find it in the PNW. I might have a guy though...

1 person likes this.
  4. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Hook me up.

Also I though Indesertum moved to the PNW right?

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Damn, I didn't know Eugene moved. I might be able to help you out, lemme ask someone...

2 people like this.
  6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

he left me all by my lonesome :( to bigger and better beer frontiers

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I appreciate it! I can send them Trillium/HF/Treehouse or (I know it's frowned upon) cash. My BA username is Ken_P if they need to get a hold of me.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think peche n brett is gone already. it was released a month ago and it gets sold out in an hour. i can look tho

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. alexg

alexg Senior member

Does De Dochter van de Korenaar make it to America? I'm drinking their Ardbeg aged Embrasse right now, so good. Of course, I love Ardbeg, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

1 person likes this.
  10. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

That night was absurd all over—in the best way of course. The initial, "heeeyyyyyyyy... it's you" comes to mind immediately for me. "Well... shiiiiit. There's a dude from Styleforum in my living room. Yeah, I can run with this."

Definitely had a fun time that night. :satisfied:

11. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Huh. I hadn't heard of this. Sounds very interesting.

12. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

I can easily get Dochter v/d Korenaar. Always looking for them US ales :)

13. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Nice on a warm SoCal afternoon...
    [​IMG]

14. brp2

brp2 Senior member

This year's version is good, but maybe a tad sharp. Not sure how to describe what's different from previous years.
    [​IMG]

Some recent arrivals:
    [​IMG]

And they're quite good; difficult to believe it's 11%.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    2 people like this.
  15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

How is it? (Still possible to get some?)

[​IMG]

This was amaaaazing. Got it from tooch in a trade I think two years ago. I thought it was a stout so I didn't drink it but it turns out it's a stout with the perfect hint of sour. Creamy and chocolate (but a tad bit of soy sauce in the end). Tastes exactly like raspberry truffles. The age I think gave it a little funk that's oddly good. Pure pleasure in my mouth (no homo)

4 people like this.
  16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Jeebus what is this "no homo" thing everywhere all of a sudden? Pure pleasure in your mouth from something that tastes "exactly" like raspberry truffles? Ok...

17. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

That hint of sour might be a slight infection, I hate to say it. Although, I have had other stouts with raspberries that add a slight tartness from the fruit which could be the case. Especially since it's 2yrs old, if it was an infection it would've been a lot worse and usually a gusher once opened...

18. brp2

brp2 Senior member

We all enjoyed it, but I'm going to wait on describing it as I've got allergies / some kind of head cold right now and my taste is a bit off. I'm sure it's available on draft; don't know about bottles. It was released for their 7th anniversary on Saturday. It's also apparently not one to hold on to, as it says "best before yesterday" or something like that on the side.

1 person likes this.
  19. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it was a joke. jeebus

like raspberry truffles from maison du chocolat. something that tastes exactly raspberry truffles can't give you pleasure in your mouth? is that the point you're trying to make? somebody sounds a little cranky

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. i thought it was an infection at first, but i was reading reviews on beer advocate and one of the full reviews also said that it's a little sour. anyways didn't care if it was an infection. was delicious. thanks tooch

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    2 people like this.