• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
Try a nice cold hefeweiss-Weihenstephaner, Paulaner or Schneider- w/ or w/o lemon slice (purists say it kills the flavor, I like it on occasion). Ahhhh, now that's refreshment. Unfortunately, been stuck between 10-20 degrees lately, so that day seems a bit far off.

Contrary to conventional wisdom, a good dark beer is really enjoyable on a hot day, in my opinion. A dunkel hefeweisse, or a Belgian dubbel.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Contrary to conventional wisdom, a good dark beer is really enjoyable on a hot day, in my opinion. A dunkel hefeweisse, or a Belgian dubbel.

I agree that dark beers are great year-round. A dry Irish stout is great when you're thirsty. When it's hot out, I go for a beer that's lighter in alcohol, but not necessarily in colour.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
Try a nice cold hefeweiss-Weihenstephaner, Paulaner or Schneider- w/ or w/o lemon slice (purists say it kills the flavor, I like it on occasion). Ahhhh, now that's refreshment. Unfortunately, been stuck between 10-20 degrees lately, so that day seems a bit far off.

+1. I pretty much drink hefeweissens 90% of the time.

Hayk08

Reaction score
'st paul's girl', but I have a hard time finding it in bars here in LA.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pejsek
Perhaps I betray my left coast leanings, but I'm shocked at the lack of visible love for Lagunitas on this thread. Nobody should go through life without drinking their fill of something like the Undercover Investigation Shut Down Ale. We're still here indeed. Is it almost 4:30?

+1--enjoyed a Lagunitas "Chronic" t'other night. Very tasty.

Currently have some Harpoon IPA and Unibroue Fin du Monde in the fridge.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheGreek

Reaction score
Im not much of a beer drinker, but if I had to vote for my favorite it would be either Heineken or Labatts Blue. Both are excellent.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
good for cooking, not drinking...

Blasphemy. It's a pretty good beer. Overpriced stateside, but a good beer, nonetheless.

Reaction score
Instead of wine gift baskets for visiting VIP's i like to include a bit of my cities (Toronto- What!) local brews. Unlike the wine none of these ever get left behind in the rooms

I like

Steamwhistle Pilsner - beautiful brewery in the heart of toronto. ECo friendly brewing process fresh spring water . Bavarian purity law - (followed by good brewers everywhere- only a certain amount of ingredients and a volume of booze)

Creemore Springs - It got bought out by Molson but only with the promise that they wouldnt screw with the brewing process or the recipe. So far so good. More promotion and availability.

Camerons Amber Ale - Are you kidding me - Comes in a unique nine pack this stuff is the drink of the Gods. Highly recommended.

Amsterdam Natural Blonde - Another good brewery from the middle of Toronto.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say that Aventinus has been my fav for almost two years now since I found it a my local Winking Lizard.

I've also become a big fan of Duvel. It has such a brilliant flavor and plenty of alcohol to kick you in the a$$.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads