Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

^If you can get Okanagan springs black lager, that is a good gateway beer for darker stuff. It's very drinkable. You can then move on to things like Young's chocolate stout, Rogue Imperial stout, etc.

I've really been enjoying some of OS's offerings out here in Alberta recently. Also agreed on Rogue. I visited one of their breweries, and while I have to question how a brewery can make 25+ types of beer and do well at each, they seem to pull it off. A nice line.

2. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

Perhaps I betray my left coast leanings, but I'm shocked at the lack of visible love for Lagunitas on this thread. Nobody should go through life without drinking their fill of something like the Undercover Investigation Shut Down Ale. We're still here indeed. Is it almost 4:30?

3. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

De Konnick

Haha I said the same thing somewhere in this thread over a year ago. The first beer I had when I crossed the border into Belgium and I was shocked how good it was for the price. Even in the US you can get them pretty cheap.

[​IMG]

4. deathrow1986

deathrow1986 Well-Known Member

Nothing beats an ice cold heineken on a hot day

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

Yes, it does.

6. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Pilsner in a bottle. Delicious.

7. Prince

Prince Senior member

Haha I said the same thing somewhere in this thread over a year ago. The first beer I had when I crossed the border into Belgium and I was shocked how good it was for the price. Even in the US you can get them pretty cheap.

[​IMG]

Yeah, great stuff. My favourite Belgian as well. As a matter of fact, I just picked up a six-pack this afternoon. [​IMG]

8. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Anything beats a heinie.

I found a new favorite beer in Athens the other night, but I I drank too many to remember what it was called.

9. AJL

AJL Senior member

Try a nice cold hefeweiss-Weihenstephaner, Paulaner or Schneider- w/ or w/o lemon slice (purists say it kills the flavor, I like it on occasion). Ahhhh, now that's refreshment. Unfortunately, been stuck between 10-20 degrees lately, so that day seems a bit far off.

10. jefe

jefe Senior member

A few seasonal favorites.

[​IMG]

wow, +1. That's some good drinkin' right there.

Add the St. Bernardus prior 8 and some Duvel and you're not just drunk off tasty, tasty beer, but poor as well!

11. AJL

AJL Senior member

wow, +1. That's some good drinkin' right there.

Add the St. Bernardus prior 8 and some Duvel and you're not just drunk off tasty, tasty beer, but poor as well!

True. Not necessarily everyday beers, though I am in fact enjoying a Rochefort 8 at the moment. To assemble an esoteric mixed 5 pack like the one displayed in my pic, you'd have to drop close to $40. The 2 on the left, the JW Lees & the Ola Dubh are both barrel conditioned, the former in port casks and the latter in Highland Park single malt scotch casks. Intensely flavored, pretty high viscosity and high ABV--11.5% for the Lees, 8% for Ola Dubh--these are more like digestifs than beer. The others are lovely dark Belgian trappist ales, also in the 10% ABV region; just the thing for keeping Jack Frost at bay. Tasty beer is right.

12. AJL

AJL Senior member

13. mikej77

mikej77 Senior member

I definitely enjoy Sam Adams as a great beer that you can get anywhere. I love Delerium Tremens but it can be difficult to find.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

I normally drink about a six-pack or sometimes two in a week. In just the past three days, I've gone through almost two six-packs of SN Bigfoot. That is some yummy, addictive stuff.

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

I definitely enjoy Sam Adams as a great beer that you can get anywhere. I love Delerium Tremens but it can be difficult to find.

Sam Adams has become terribly generic tasting. It's just another big mass-produced brew.