• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where can I get Black Note? I've been wanting to try it.

I'm not too disappointed about not getting KBS since I've heard that they'll have that and CBS on tap at this years black party.

I gave all my bottles to my brothers in arms here. Let me know next time you can't find something.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Drinking my KBS. This is seriously the best beer I've ever had. I'm just getting into beer, so that isn't saying a lot, but dear lord holy **** balls.
First off, just a beautiful black. Black as the night. Thick, tan head that dissipates pretty quickly but some lacing holds on.
The nose is just.... insane. So rich and layered. Coffee, vanilla, chocolate, wood, clove, toasty marshmallow/coconut. All comes through in the mouth. Texture is incredible. Thick on the verge of too syrupy, but the slightly bitter finish really keeps that in check.
So smooth. So rich. So layered. So not fair to any other beer I'll drink this year until it gets released again.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You missed it. It came out a couple months ago.

Has anyone been to Darkness day? I'm thinking about going this year.

I think that Darkness (the beer) the past couple of years has been meh. That said, Darkness Day is fun. Not as insane as Founders or 3F releases.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to one up...who am I kidding I am one upping. :fence:

The other 4pk is in the fridge.

( 4pk of heady 2 JA ABCs and 2 JA Hoptonious Unions ) x 2 One headed to Chiland for a pipeworks package and 1 to Cali for an alpine package.

Ignore that its upside down....idk why it does this.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried three new beers this weekend:

Dogfish Head Aprihop - 8/10 - Not something I would drink every day, but it tasted really good after several hours working in the sun. Refreshing, not too sweet, nice balance of hops

Firestone Wookey Jack- 9/10 - Near perfect, rich and smooth. Not overwhelming with the hops, but just the right amount to go with the dark malts. Will definitely be a regular for me.

Dogfish Head Noble Rot - 8/10 - Unusual for this brewery. A strong Belgian influence without a lot of hops. Recalls a good tripel more than anything. The fruit flavor is subtle and blends in with the malt more than it sticks out.

Scribe

Reaction score
Just finished off a bottle of Three Floyds Munster Fest that had been lurking in the back of my fridge. Very tasty indeed!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno how I feel about this KBS stuff...

I've had it twice at bars/restaurants that had bottles and, well, maybe its just not the beer for me.

Usually things that heavy aren't my go-to, but I thought this year's bourbon county stout was better.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Might be possible to get Surly outside of MN again someday:
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/203135661.html?refer=y

They've been working towards this expansion for a while...had to get the laws changed first and it sounds like the site will need a lot of cleanup. The new site plus the current location should be good for up to 120k barrels per year (vs 20k this year).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads