1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

BTW I was in Alabama last week trying some stuff I can't get here. Most of the Alabama craft stuff was kind of meh but I did like the Straight To Ale Monkeynaut IPA. Nice refreshing balanced, citrusy IPA in a can (which was idea since I was headed to the beach).

2. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Are you me? Had this same experience. Alabama last week.. Really enjoyed Monkeynaut

3. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

So a group at work is starting up an IPA tasting every other Tuesday and I went out last night to pick up something to bring. Look what I ended up finding in the new arrivals section:
    [​IMG]

I drank this last night. Started off pretty weird and then ended up tasting like a pretty standard Belgian IPA. Was a expecting a bit more sour considering that it is wild but oh well!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It's alive supposedly gets more sour with age.

5. concealed

concealed Senior member

Polished off a bottle of Hill Farmstead Edith last night, best "dark" saison that I have had so far. No real surprise considering the source though.

6. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

It had no bottling date and I was antsy so I tried it. Will probably buy another to age however that will have to wait until I move in August. Going to start "cellaring" some beers when I do move and by cellaring I mean, having a mini-fridge set to 55 F.

7. concealed

concealed Senior member

Staying in Boston?

8. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Yup! Ditching the roommates (who frequently drink my beer) and moving in with my girlfriend.

1 person likes this.
  9. concealed

concealed Senior member

congrats

10. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

And more importantly: congrats on that Bourbon County...

11. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Thanks!

Thanks! I really couldn't believe it. They had one more four pack of the stout and a couple four packs of the barleywine, which I considered stocking up on for trade-bait but the price tag was quite steep and my bank account isn't so happy right now (the aforementioned new apartment playing a big part in that).

12. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

How much was it for a 4-pack of the barleywine?.. I'd probably pay you for it, and then trade stuff for it... :)

Schneider Aventinus. Re-visiting it. Am thoroughly enjoying it this time!..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  13. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

PM'd!

1 person likes this.
  14. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

This is top 5, maybe even top 3 material of beers I've had so far... Belgians are too modest to make a beer this bold!..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Shouts out to @ocooney for an awesome trade! Great stuff in here, already have the Westbrook chilling in the freezer!

[​IMG]

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

17. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

@BC Stout: Unfortunately, the alcohol % is too high at 15%, and the smell turns chemical as it warms up.

Still: this is degustation heaven. Would recommend to share this one!..

If you find a fridge that goes up to 55, let me know... Or are you gonna add a temperature controller...

http://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Contr...404895473&sr=8-12&keywords=fridge+temperature

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

No-Li Jet Star Imperial IPA. Don't know a lot about this maker and their lousy looking bottles had left me uninterested for a while, but it was cheap by craft standards so I picked it up and it turned out delicious. 8.1% ABV, which isn't that high for an "imperial" but you wouldn't really want more for this time of year.

19. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I drank mine from may 13 last week and thought the exact same thing. I was holding off because i thought it would be mediocre but still wanted an occasion to open it...have had a good couple of weeks and bam was nice was to cap them off...sour tasting in a week or so though.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Madtown Nutbrown (Ale Asylum, Madison, WI). Tasty, tasty stuff... I'm not sure whether it's available anywhere near here. It's a good thing I stopped at the grocery store in Eau Claire!!

[​IMG]