Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.
Had Bellhaven Scottish Ale last night yummiest.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Lakewood Brewing Imperial Milk Stout - The local brewers are late to the game, but so far I'm really proud of their results. This is delicious.
I should have checked them out when I was in Ft. Worth. I was very unimpressed with Rahr.
Lakewood literally just started bottling this month I believe. The milk stout is the first thing of theirs that I've tried but it's very good. Rahr has been around for a while and it really is nothing special. Deep Ellum Brewing is good stuff, though. Their IPA, Rye Pils and Farmhouse Wit are all very much worth checking out.
Drinking a Hitachino White Ale, which I purchased only to confirm my initial impression that this beer is overpriced for no good reason. Initial impression confirmed.
I like it. also like the chimay cinq.
Well, if we're in confessional mode: I actually think Chimay Cinq Cents is my favorite Chimay.
Oh, also, I don't think I've posted my "Good to see you posting again, Kwilk!" message. Good to see you posting again.
I'm not posting again. But thanks, it's good to be posting again.
Kyle, are you and Piob going to get twin cicerone certifications?
Already workin on it brah. And we're starting a master mixology consulting firm.
Yes, I read you have been conditioning each others cacks.
I don't know if anyone here is ordering from Letspour, but thought I should post my most recent experience:
- Order placed 12/31
- Credit card charged in full (not authorized - charged) on 12/31
- 1/10 emailed through web site contact form to inquire about order status - no response
- 1/11 regular email sent to inquire about order status, prompt response from CS that they will reach out to the DC and get back to me quickly
- 1/15 I send follow-up email, having not heard back
- 1/16 Receive response that one of my items was backordered but arriving that day and, "once it is entered into inventory your order will ship immediately!"
- 1/21 I send another follow-up email, not having heard anything
- 1/22 I receive an email response stating that my order has been delayed due to shipping materials but, "the packaging will arrive at their location tomorrow. Upon arrival your order will ship immediately."
- 1/28 I send a follow-up email, having not heard back
- 1/28 I receive an email response that two other items are out of stock and they won't be obtaining any more. Do I want to remove those items from my order, ship the partial and receive a refund? ...as if I have a choice.
Three different excuses for my delay and each time I had to reach out to inquire - nothing proactive. I ordered twice prior and had no issues, in fact was quite happy and recommended the site to several friends. With that being said, I think this is pretty absurd.
- 1/29 Order ships
- 1/30 My refund is $5 short, so I email them
- 1/31 They email me back, confirming that they made a mistake in issuing the refund. They then have the gall to ask if I want the refund issued as a credit to my account with them - no, I want it back on my credit card!
Might as well trade...so much easier.
Separate names with a comma.