1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Although I think the shop I was at was on the expensive side...I think there are shops where some of the Surly beers are only $8.99.

$9-10 is a bit more reasonable for a 4 pack than $13.

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Yea all I am saying is id pay upwards of 15 bucks for a 4pk surly/6pk of zd.

I just paid 45 for a 12 of la cumbre elevated and 78 for a case of heady.

I dont really focus on the money when I am buying beer thats, that much vs 8-9 dollar 6 packs. Look at it this way you could go to a bar and if your lucky you are getting 1 and a half of those for the same price of the 6 pack.

SNPA and Sam Adams BL run for 7 bucks when I go out in boston at their cheapest. So in the grand scheme of things 9-12 bucks for a 4pk of pints isnt that much. But its all relative to what your used to. I can't even imagine what its like in NYC...well thats not true I found Flower Power on tap for 7 bucks last time I went.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

i don't know how it is in the big city, but down here the WF prices are exactly the same as the big box liquor/beer store.

4. otc

otc Senior member

Huh, it's usually a buck more for a 6-pack, $1-2 more for a 12 for things that are pretty widely available. I don't know that they are any more expensive than other grocery stores, which are all over priced vs our normal liquor stores, but WF has a more interesting selection (the shelf at jewel probably looks identical to the shelf at publix which is identical to the shelf at albertson's).

Also, their PBR is laughably expensive but that's probably just to rob hipsters.

5. concealed

concealed Senior member

NYC/Brooklyn bars are priced the same as Lord Hobo or any of the other Boston/Cambridge spots

I dunno about bro bars/clubs though

6. OmniscientCause

I dont get over to cambridge that much, more of it is fenway area because thats where I live and I'll go to brookline to hit up publick house.

7. otc

otc Senior member

Dropped a surly sampler (packed up one of each flavor) at the apartment of a few friends who should appreciate them.

Sampling the Hell for the first time now (only one I hadn't tried)--I like it a lot, something I could drink all night.

8. concealed

concealed Senior member

go to Lord Hobo/Cambridge Brewing/Green Street - all world class

9. OmniscientCause

oh i know they are...never have anyone that wants to go with me. My roommate doesnt want any part of it and whenever my other roommates from school come up to visit we always stay in allston because our mutual friend lives there.

One of my roommates from school is in a band and is playing at middle east in a couple weeks so I will be in the area then and will check out at least one of them.

10. otc

otc Senior member

Sup plebs?

Made some bourbon county stout pancakes last night.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Recipe?

12. otc

otc Senior member

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  14. OmniscientCause

I need to get my box out to my trading partner so he can send me back some hopslam...realisticly I will be recieving it anywhere from the 25th-end of the month if he has his act together and has a six pack for me ready to go.

I just shipped a box to someone in NY so I could get a few bottles of a BA IST from NEBCO which I want to include in my trade for some Hopslam and more FFF goodness.

Trading really is a hobby I need to take a break from. Ive spent too much the last month on it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  15. ama

ama Senior member

16. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Did they re-release a newer version of the Barrel Aged Imperial Storm Trooper? Because if it's the original batch which was less than 200 bottles from several years ago, it's infected and not drinkable at all. So be warned, if it's the first batch, it'll be in a 500ml bottle with the original artwork and gold wax...

17. OmniscientCause

Rereleased in 375 ml bottles. From what people are saying on BA its pretty tasty.

This one is of an old barrel bent over grabbing its back with a cane...I'll snap a pic when I get mine and or when Im home from work and can grab one from BA.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  18. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Then you are safe...it's the first barrel aged batch that's infected, enjoy!

19. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. b1os

b1os Senior member

Liefmans kriek good as always.
    Judas blonde. Interesting flavor profile, the 8.5%/17 proof were nicely integrated, I liked it.