• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24 x $10 X 6% sales tax.

it is delicious. i think last year at kuhnhenn for their winter release party, i spent $400

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohhhh, i think their Creme Brulee Java stout comes out again soon. that beer is absolutely fantastic.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll buy a lot of that this year. i missed the boat on the bottles, but had it on tap quite a bit. liquid dessert. so delicious.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Send. TIA. :nodding:

+1. Get a case. I'll split it with you and AMA.

Found a nice beer shop out of the way today. Picked up a 4-pack of Ten Fidy, 3x Cigar City Good Gourd's that are going out in trades, Hoppin Frog Boris Stout, Left Hand Imperial Stout, Cigar City Papaya IPA (another trade), Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence, Weyerbacher 15 Smoked Imperial Stout, Southern Tier Oat Stout, Stone 15th anniversary Black IPA, Stone Collaboration Cherry Chocolate Stout, 2x Dogfish Punkin's, and a Starr Hill Boxcar Pumpkin Porter

Last edited:

jessicameilly

Reaction score
Hope i can taste that kind of wine...
bigstar[1].gif

British food

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. Get a case. I'll split it with you and AMA.

i'll likely be subjected to a bottle limit the day off release, then after the demand goes down, it's open season. regardless, i'll buy a lot.

i bought a couple bottles of Ommegang Aphrodite the other day on a recc from the beer nerd manager. This hobby is getting expensive.

in real bad news, my CBS Release trip is in jeopardy.

Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

24 x $10 X 6% sales tax.

it is delicious. i think last year at kuhnhenn for their winter release party, i spent $400

LIAR...I know exactly how much it was, you sent me the receipt!

:p

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$8ish then? i forget. that day was expensive.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$7.49 each plus tax, so you'd be looking at about $8 a bottle plus shipping 24 bottles of beer which is easily $50 on the conservative side. That leaves you with a grand total of $242 and that's just a guess, but should be pretty accurate...:nodding:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i should also account for kuhnhenn's horrendous checkout system. event started at 1pm and i left at 3:30pm. i was MAYBE the 60th person in line. MAYBE. it was ******* horrible. ******* idiots. good beer though. made waiting in line a little more tolerable.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, it's not KBS or CBS but it's still darn tasty!

2011-09-23-20-34-24-242.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had a few beers last night to drown out the pain:

Star Hill Boxcar Pumpkin Porter - tasted like neither a pumpkin beer or a porter. Not good at all.

Bell's Expedition Stout - Had to grab a few of these since Brian went and shot off his mouth. I'm kind of glad he did because I don't remember it being so tasty. :embar:

Dogfish Punkin - This wasn't bad but its certainly not great and I think that either Shipyard pumpkin would be a much better, and cheaper, option.

Stone Collab Cherry Stout - I really didn't get much chocolate or cherry in this. Ok, but nothing to write home about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads