1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I didn't mind Aphrodite. I wouldn't buy it on a normal basis tho.

I'm absolutely loving Barrel Aged Shipwreck Porter this year. So fucking good.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

weihanstephaner tasted liked mud? maybe it was old or something.

belgiums are nice but as you go into triple or quad territory i could see ppl being turned off by the bubble gum, clove ester flavors

guava grove is awesome. could drink that all day. the rest you mentioned are highly unavailable

jai alai is good as well and i liked the oak aged jai alai, but besides those three i haven't had anything that i really enjoyed

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Guava Grove was a bit much for me but I'd like to try it again. I've been hooked on Jolly Pumpkin stuff lately too. You should try those.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

La Roja is fucking god awful. The one with the red label sucked too. There's a pale ale and the pumpkin ale floating around too.

Now drankin - Southampton Abbot 12. Not bad. Not great though. Not exactly a St. Bernardus 12 over here. If someone gave me a glass I wouldn't throw it in their face.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i wasn't a huge fan of La Roja at first, but it's grown on me........La Roja Grand Reserve is where it's at

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

That's because your vagina only craves the sweet dranks! :lol:

I have discovered over time that you'll find what you like and then you'll continue to lean towards that style more and more. I think it's a good thing you're at least trying many different styles and figure out what you like and don't like and Trappist beers aren't a bad way to start...

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

My current favourite.

[​IMG]

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

My vagina likes em dark! Wait.....

I've tried every type of style there is, and continue to do so. I don't like sours, or extremely hoppy beers, and tend to favor ale's and stouts. I'm just trying to whittle down my cabinet right now.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i can't think of a style i haven't tried and i love everything. i do tend to dislike malt bombs and i dislike beers that are out of balance.

i tried the cuvee de castleton recently and while it was good the acidity was pretty out of balance. i think it needs some age.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

did you ever try that blushing monk i sent you?

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Not yet. Working my way through the ranks

12. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Drinking a 10 day old bottle of Lagunitas Sucks. I haven't had Pliny the Elder in about 6 months - but Lagunitas Sucks at $2 per bottle is much better than the $8 per bottle I paid for Pliny the Elder (including shipping). I would take the Lagunitas Sucks every single time. If they were the same price and availability... I would chose Pliny the Elder. But Lagunitas Sucks is the best IPA I have had in the past 6 months.

I like it better than Flower Power or Furious or Two Hearted. Now if I can get my hands on some of that Heady Topper and maybe some Hopslam. :slayer:

13. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

If any of you NYC guys see Founders Imperial Stout or Double Trouble around town... please let me know.

I know that they have Ballast Point Victory at Sea porter at a few of the Whole Foods around town. And they have the new bottles of Lagunitas sucks. The 6 pack looks different but bottle label is the same.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i would take fresh flower power over lagunitas sucks, but i didnt look at how old it was so maybe it's been sitting there for awhile. and agree with fresh lagunitas sucks over pliny

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Next - Victory Dark Intrigue - WAY better than the Ommegang offering. A little too much burbon barrel bite but a nice deep rich flavor.

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

[​IMG]

Kuhnhenn Stollen Ale. Love this shit. Not bottled tho
    [​IMG]

17. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Last night had Piraat Ale, no pics, okay beer.

Today I purchased Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast (Bourbon) :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

At a local beer spot. Anybody want any of this shit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

First bomber tonight - Firestone Walker Double Jack - not a bad double ipa. The hops weren't overpowering at all.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Next up - Goose Island Night Stalker - This is fucking delicious. I think this takes the #2 spot on my stout list after Marshall Zhukov.