• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svd
Looks dark in your pic for a Barleywine. Is that true, or a trick of lighting?

I got a tour of the FW brewery from the brewmaster years ago, through personal connections. The most interesting thing they were doing at the time was a barrel aged DIPA. Looks like they've gotten a lot more creative.

Going to have to find a way to get my hands on a couple of these.

This seems to be a new trend right now because everyone is getting bored with barrel aging stouts, porters and barleywines. I had a barrel aged DIPA from Hinterland at the Old Fashioned in Madison recently and it very interesting, I also just found out Haymarket here in Chicago just put one of their Imperial IPAs in barrels last week. I predict this will be the next "new" thing for a lot of breweries.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was going to ask the same thing last night but said *******

i like liberty a lot. i think it might be my go to beer when i run out of gumballhead

-_- god i love gumballhead

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What did you like out of the lineup? I think Steam is overrated but Liberty is an excellent drinking beer.

I thought the barlewine was very well balanced. It's low in alcohol for the style at about 8.3% but that allowed more subtle flavors to come through. I also liked that porter. It was very straight ahead (as are all their beers) but I thought it was good.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking a Big John with dinner (Pat La Frieda burgers from Freshdirect). Nice stout! I like it more than Yeti and some of the other stouts i have had in recent memory.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went a bit crazy today:

Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti & Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
Mikkellar Beer Geek Brunch
2x Cigar City Guava Grove - the last of the season's supply and 1 is going to a lucky SF'er
the last of the area's stock of Dogfish Aprihop
Left Hand TnT
Cigar City Paypaya IPA
Flying Fish Exit 13 - never even heard of them before
Avery Dugana

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ can I please be said lucky SFer?
laugh.gif

Srsly though, nice haul!

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I might be able to snag one or two more but they're about 45 minutes drive from me. Let me know if you want them.

Yes!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is tons of Guava Grove where I live. I didn't know it was hard to find. Worth buying a bottle?

Flair Beverage in Uptown NYC has a lot of Cigar City beers. But since it is in "the hood" nobody buys craft beer.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
There is tons of Guava Grove where I live. I didn't know it was hard to find. Worth buying a bottle?

Flair Beverage in Uptown NYC has a lot of Cigar City beers. But since it is in "the hood" nobody buys craft beer.

WHAT ELSE DO THEY HAVE THERE???!?!?!!?!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
WHAT ELSE DO THEY HAVE THERE???!?!?!!?!

They don't have any of the stouts. And i doubt they have the rare beers. They also have a lot of collaborations. I think it is Bruery/Cigar City collaborations. My friend does the ordering there. So let me know what what would be the best Cigar City beers to get. They order things for me. KBS, Firestone Walker (only Double Jack so far), etc..

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just a random note:

this thread is so much better than BA could ever be.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
They don't have any of the stouts. And i doubt they have the rare beers. They also have a lot of collaborations. I think it is Bruery/Cigar City collaborations. My friend does the ordering there. So let me know what what would be the best Cigar City beers to get. They order things for me. KBS, Firestone Walker (only Double Jack so far), etc..

Yeah, but that Cigar City/The Bruery collab was damn near impossible to find out here in Chicago, so if you can snag it at a decent price let me know...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics