The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ama

ama Senior member

my Michigan leadfoot has gotten me in trouble there.

My MN plates got me in trouble there...67 in a 60. [​IMG]

2. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Picked up 4 more Abacus, cleaned them out. Asked the beer guy about Black Gold, said he can't get anymore and they aren't releasing it next year, next year's release is Top Sail, a porter [​IMG]

3. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Had a few Lil Sumpin from Lagunitas and then some more Coors Light [​IMG]

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

beer education for a total nub

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plus tenfidy, gubner, chub, and some free glassware the nice owner (?) gave me

cheers

5. habitant

habitant Senior member

Everyone please drink Phillips Brewery Amnesiac Pale Ale.. very good.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

beer education for a total nub

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plus tenfidy, gubner, chub, and some free glassware the nice owner (?) gave me

cheers

wheres the kbs [​IMG]

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties. i was also going to go to a goose island beer tasting after running some errands but [​IMG] totally forgot to bring id. sucked balls, but they only had their all year stuff i feel like beer is a more approachable alcohol than spirits, whiskey, and wine, simply because of smaller bottle sizes and thus cheaper prices like most people cant drink a whole bottle of wine by themselves, but they can down a couple of beers

8. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties.

I got my KBS from a store in Manhattan. They only had 1 case.

9. randallr

randallr Senior member

i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties.

i was also going to go to a goose island beer tasting after running some errands but [​IMG] totally forgot to bring id. sucked balls, but they only had their all year stuff

i feel like beer is a more approachable alcohol than spirits, whiskey, and wine, simply because of smaller bottle sizes and thus cheaper prices

like most people cant drink a whole bottle of wine by themselves, but they can down a couple of beers

I agree. And you can even brew it yourself! If anyone wants to try some homebrew shoot my a pm and we can trade some stuff. I am going to send Tooch some once I have my 4 different beers ready.

10. svd

svd Senior member

I got my KBS from a store in Manhattan. They only had 1 case.

I was in the Whole Foods uptown on Columbus Ave getting a growler refill and asked about KBS. The 2 guys behind the counter had never heard of it, called back to the manager on the phone and his response was cryptic.

"We don't have any on the floor today"

Me - "You don't have any in stock, or you don't have any you'll sell me"

"We don't have any on the floor today"

This was going through the counter guy to the manager in back. I didn't really have an opportunity to push further. As this was happening a distributor walked up and asked to see the manager. He was directed to the loading dock. He over heard and mentioned that KBS was "tough to find. Only 120 cases were available for all of New York." I asked where else to look and he suggested what sounded like a grocery store on 118th or 119th. Not my part of town. I don't have time to go chasing beer so I left it at that.

11. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Of course the people at Whole Foods - Columbus Ave have heard of KBS. They sell a lot of Founders beer at that location. In general.... the people at that store know what they are talking about. They were just bull$hitting you.

FWIW... get some Ten Fidy from that cooler near the cash register line. Look on the top right corner.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i just had some ten fidy. the texture is like used motor oil, no hops to speak off, very malty, chocolatey, and i taste a lot of dark dried fruits.

also does temperature affect how much head forms? does tilting the glass help or hinder head formation?

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

GF broke one of my spiegelau snifters. [​IMG]

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^that sucks i broke one of my riedel wineglasses the other day. the first thought was [​IMG]. the second thought was let's switch to schott zwiesel

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Any of you New Yorkers ever have a problem with the Whole Foods in Manhatten tell the Store Leader (manager) John that you know Tooch and he'll take care of any problems that you have.