• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
2 - 2010 Abyss
Let me know when you crack one, I had the 09 Abyss. It was pretty good. I should have gotten a couple more bottles to age though

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Stopped by a podunk liquor store today not expecting to find anything. I was blissfully wrong.

4 - Surly Smoke
4 - 4 Packs of KBS
2 - 2010 Abyss

How many cases is this of kbs? Gonna call Hoarders to have a TV on you

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Let me know when you crack one, I had the 09 Abyss. It was pretty good. I should have gotten a couple more bottles to age though

I've opened two bottles of 09 Abyss. One was contaminated. One was amazing. Now that I have some more 2010 I'll probably open one sooner rather than later. The best after date on them isn't until November!

Originally Posted by bdeuce22
How many cases is this of kbs? Gonna call Hoarders to have a TV on you

I'd rather not say.
blush.gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Stopped by a podunk liquor store today not expecting to find anything. I was blissfully wrong. 4 - Surly Smoke 4 - 4 Packs of KBS 2 - 2010 Abyss
Nice score! What did that run you? I know 4 4-pks ran you at least $80! I'm going to be in Minneapolis next week and growlers of Masala Mamma will be coming back to Chicago with me...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Nice score! What did that run you? I know 4 4-pks ran you at least $80!

I'm going to be in Minneapolis next week and growlers of Masala Mamma will be coming back to Chicago with me...

Let's keep Town Hall a secret, kthnx!
laugh.gif

The Smoke was $15 a bottle, Abyss was $12 and KBS was $17 a four pack.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Let's keep Town Hall a secret, kthnx!
laugh.gif

The Smoke was $15 a bottle, Abyss was $12 and KBS was $17 a four pack.

Damn is it really that cheap out there?! KBS is $24 a 4-pk in Chicago...

Town Hall is far from a secret, do you know if they do growlers of every beer on tap and how much they cost? I am hoping to bring a few back to share with my beer nerd crew...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn is it really that cheap out there?! KBS is $24 a 4-pk in Chicago...

Town Hall is far from a secret, do you know if they do growlers of every beer on tap and how much they cost? I am hoping to bring a few back to share with my beer nerd crew...

I don't think they do growlers of all of their seasonal beers, but their constants they do. The one that you want they do.

KBS ranged here from $17 - $24 for a four pack.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Funny, I think DT is more fruitier than Hopslam...

I definitely taste the fruit in DT, but still think Hopslam has an overall more sweeter taste. I guess it might be due to the honey, although I don't taste a distinct honey flavor in hopslam either.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only able to get a 4-pack of KBS. But it cost $16

I still have not tried KBS. Since I only have 4 bottles i am waiting for a special occasion.
biggrin.gif

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I've opened two bottles of 09 Abyss. One was contaminated. One was amazing. Now that I have some more 2010 I'll probably open one sooner rather than later. The best after date on them isn't until November!

Yeah I heard about some of the bottles being infected or whatever, luckily mine didn't suffer from that. I should probably look for some of the 2010 bottlings, but I'm running out of storage and I've got beers spread out all over the house
laugh.gif
Guess I need to drink myself some extra room

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Yeah I heard about some of the bottles being infected or whatever, luckily mine didn't suffer from that. I should probably look for some of the 2010 bottlings, but I'm running out of storage and I've got beers spread out all over the house
laugh.gif
Guess I need to drink myself some extra room

I've had 6-7 bottles of '09 Abyss and all have been infected. The infection ranges from a mildly and some what pleasant sour stout (which is becoming all the rage these days) to a very nasty putrid liquid. I am not a fan of Abyss much, but we did a 5 year vertical a few months ago and I paid a pretty hefty price IMO for the '06 bottle (I traded for it and didn't buy it)...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Damn you guys. I still check out places but i'm guessing i'll have to wait till next year's KBS

I know after one bottle I was hooked and would love to be able to find some more!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Well, the problem is that most the stores that got it didn't put it on the shelf and just split it amongst employees or sold it privately to friends (even big chains)

That is how I got my 4 bottles. They were not for sale on the shelf. Had to speak with a manager. Too much work for 4 bottles of beer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads