Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

It is the regular 4D not barrel aged. You took all my barrel aged, you bastard.

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I want regular 4D and you are the one that sent them to me! You also got a Dark Lord and about 20 other awesome beers outta that deal...

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Pretty sure I have 4 left.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I think you mean 1 left now...

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i am willing to trade all the beer in my fridge for all the beer in both of your fridges. i will even ask you to pay shipping!!! this is a good deal. you should jump in on it now

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

no i actually had no idea (<-- total cult beer noob)

its still on my list of beers to cross off, but dont feel like paying 50+ a bottle on ebay

Tickets, apparently, sold out in four minutes.
    This year the Munster PD said it couldn't be the huge thing it always is. Capping at 6,000 people. Entry will be blocked off to anyone who doesn't have a ticket. $20 says that next year they apply for a "Dark Lord Festival" license so all the homebrewers and 10k+ crowd can come back. The beer itself isn't knock-down incredible. But people viewed it as a chance to get together with like-minded people, to share their homebrew and to taste others' homebrew.

Come to Chicago and I'll crack a few open, I split my small batches with a buddy, so I only have a little more than a case of this beer...

What's your small batch? Less than a 5 gal carboy?

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

i am willing to trade all the beer in my fridge for all the beer in both of your fridges. i will even ask you to pay shipping!!! this is a good deal. you should jump in on it now

Sure, I'll trade you, I think I have a can of Miller Lite and two bottles of my homebrew in the fridge right now. I keep everything in boxes in the closet or down in the storage space...

Tickets, apparently, sold out in four minutes.
    This year the Munster PD said it couldn't be the huge thing it always is. Capping at 6,000 people. Entry will be blocked off to anyone who doesn't have a ticket. $20 says that next year they apply for a "Dark Lord Festival" license so all the homebrewers and 10k+ crowd can come back. The beer itself isn't knock-down incredible. But people viewed it as a chance to get together with like-minded people, to share their homebrew and to taste others' homebrew.

What's your small batch? Less than a 5 gal carboy?

I just got my email confirmation that my DLD tickets are in the mail! And you are correct, sir, all small batches are 5gal or less depending on the final yield. We have up to a 60gal capacity, but that's way too much beer for personal use and too time consuming as far as bottling...

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Tooch. Got you covered on 4D. DLD is coming to me this year. Well at least I hope.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I just got my email confirmation that my DLD tickets are in the mail! And you are correct, sir, all small batches are 5gal or less depending on the final yield. We have up to a 60gal capacity, but that's way too much beer for personal use and too time consuming as far as bottling...
    Wow, 60 gal is serious. I take it you're in the beer industry? My dad is a pretty avid homebrewer and at any time can have 3 5-gal batches between the carboys and the primary fermenter. 60 is insane!

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Tooch. Got you covered on 4D. DLD is coming to me this year. Well at least I hope.

Damn it! Now, I have to ask my friend to get me another bottle of DL, but I got you covered...

Wow, 60 gal is serious. I take it you're in the beer industry? My dad is a pretty avid homebrewer and at any time can have 3 5-gal batches between the carboys and the primary fermenter. 60 is insane!

I don't work in the industry at all, some of my friends do and that's why I am able to do such large quantities. Homebrew is where it's at, I love being able to produce 5gal of beer for $30-40...

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[​IMG] trade you cellar for closet

12. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

you don't have enough ammo to even come close to making a trade for my stuff! come up with $3k and maybe we can talk...

13. randallr

randallr Senior member

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Less than that if you culture your own yeast. I'm in the process of harvesting pacman yeast from some Rogue Juniper Pale Ale. Pretty damn good beer.

Or grow your own hops. We have a small hops patch that went crazy. Note to future gardeners--- if you're planning on growing your own hops, make it in an enclosed area otherwise that shit will spread faster than herpes.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

just found out i'm 2 miles away from Surly Brewing in MN this weekend. Hello Coffee Bender!!!!! Going to the brewery tomorrow. Local liquor store will have to do for tonight. [​IMG]