1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Distinguished Member

All I know is whoever I hook up with this beer, I'm going to Bedazzle my home address on the box. [​IMG]

You better bedazzle your license plate then too! [​IMG]

2. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Distinguished Member

sorry. just listed on eBay. bidding starts at $25/pack [​IMG]
    I've never been to MI before, but I will take a first class fight there to make you pay dearly for your mistake.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

I've never been to MI before, but I will take a first class fight there to make you pay dearly for your mistake.
    BIN for $40 [​IMG] [​IMG] just fucking with you.

not looking good, broskis. just got a call from my main store. 7 cases are in....................wait for it.........................................................1 bottle limit [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Johnny_5

There is a place two hours from me that got it in...1 bottle limit.[​IMG]

5. bdeuce22

what the fuck you bitching about, bagel?

6. Johnny_5

Was trying to get some for a friend, Bagel.

7. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior Member

They actually ran out at the brewery too! All should be good in the GBH World at least at the brewpub...

oh speaking of which, I think my favorite beer is back on the shelf

Ofallen's Wheach

its my favorite morning beer.

8. bdeuce22

greedy bastard. you will have more than anyone in NYC/NJ area. that bagel blood is flowly freely in you.

9. Johnny_5

I already committed to some from my case too!

10. JSC437

JSC437 Distinguished Member

There is a place two hours from me that got it in...1 bottle limit.[​IMG]

Is that what they said? 1 bottle limit? Wtf

You see what i mean? I am just going to pay $60+ for a 4-pack and move on with life. Black market/ebay/craigslist here I come!

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Distinguished Member

Is that what they said? 1 bottle limit? Wtf

You see what i mean? I am just going to pay $60+ for a 4-pack and move on with life. Black market/ebay/craigslist here I come!

I said if you paid for shipping (which shouldn't be much) I'll send you a bottle, I wouldn't waste your money it's a good beer not great. You should just save $15 and by a bottle of Bourbon County Rare instead...

12. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior Member

Man I do not get this business practice. You have a product people want and you cannot provide a descent quantity to get it in the hands of customers. I realize part of their strategy may be to create hype but the scarcity is overboard. Limiting people to a bottle is ridiculous. Let's face it, most will not even get that.

I might go the ebay route as well just to say I have tried it. I am starting to lose interest though. [​IMG]

13. randallr

randallr Distinguished Member

Man I do not get this business practice. You have a product people want and you cannot provide a descent quantity to get it in the hands of customers. I realize part of their strategy may be to create hype but the scarcity is overboard. Limiting people to a bottle is ridiculous. Let's face it, most will not even get that.

I might go the ebay route as well just to say I have tried it. I am starting to lose interest though. [​IMG]

I think they are probably producing as much of this stuff as they can afford to. Do you know how much equipment it takes to hold a beer over a year? That's a huge opportunity cost because they could be using the same equipment to make other beers. Most of these microbreweries are REALLY micro...meaning they are very small and have a limited capacity.

14. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

Paulener Munich lager is just the perfect beer. Not too heavy for summer, not too light for winter, goes with all kinds of food.

When I was in the Czech republic in the late 90s I fell in love with an ale called Krusovic that was everywhere in Prague. never been able to find it anywhere else.

15. bdeuce22

Dude. This facility is no more than 20k sq ft. Including the brewpub. On Saturday they probably netted $32,000 in KBS sales and probably another $20,000 in food and beverages from people hanging out. It's not exactly like they are rolling in it. It's a once a year event. I'm sure if they could produce more given the hype, they would.