• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Bond111

Reaction score
^^That must be some super tasty stuff for all those people to wait in line for it, and you getting 2 cases.

On BA it's overall rating is a A+, so now I'm even more jealous and want to try it!! I'm sure it's sold out though, judging from the response of the pictures.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had 275 cases on sale with about 450-500 people in line. I got there around 8:30. The sale started at 11. People that didnt get a ticket were really dumb and stayed in line in hopes of someone not buying the whole 1 case maximum, entirely possibly since this **** is $4.75 a bottle, but not likely.

I stayed and had it on tap. They had 2009, 2010, and 2011 KBS on tap along with a nitro 2011. Bummed they didn't have CBS on tap but oh well. I left after a while. The place was absolutely bananas. I can only stand seeing guys that look like lawn gnomes drinking a little snifter of beer pinkie finger out only so long.

70gransport

Reaction score
My old standby when I'm out is Hoegaarden, however it certainly isn't my favorite. Unfortunatly I am living in a place where good beer is not appriciated and budlight is.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Damn Toochy. You and your people knock all those out in one night? How many of you all were there?

Two different nights, one based on barrel aged stouts and the other was based on sours. We usually run about 12-15 people deep with an average of 3/4 bottles brought by each person (mostly 650ml/750ml) and both times we killed everything and opened more. It's a great way to try some awesome beers once a month, I get my beer nerd fix and then go about my business. Especially since, I have gotten serious about training again and following a hybrid of LG/WD, I just don't drink that much at all right now.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
KBS is mine.

c4ebd569.jpg

I think half of one of those cases belongs in Chicago...

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 1 case belongs in new jersey...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didn't open the cases until i got home the day after. i probably should've done it at the event since they aren't marked "KBS" or anything. the rage that would've filled inside of me had they been Red's Rye or some other **** would've been off the charts.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I think 1 case belongs in new jersey...

I think they are selling KBS at a location in Manhattan... I was at a place that had the Founders Breakfast Stout last week. So i suspect the same place will get KBS.

So be on the lookout this week!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might get some, but the allocations this year are small than the last couple years and usually most places are lucky to even get one case for the entire store. Plus with the extra store mark-up, you are looking at $24+ per 4-pk and that's even if you can find it...

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
You might get some, but the allocations this year are small than the last couple years and usually most places are lucky to even get one case for the entire store. Plus with the extra store mark-up, you are looking at $24+ per 4-pk and that's even if you can find it...

Is KBS that much better than Breakfast Stout?

I had a Founders Imperial Stout this weekend and it was not nearly as good as the Breakfast Stout IMO.

FWIW... I still like the Stone Russian Imperial best of all.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all different beers, KBS is aged in bourbon barrels which are literally stored in caves beneath Grand Rapids, Michigan for a year and it is better than both Breakfast and Imperial Stout. I prefer Backwoods Bastard over all of them, but that's just me, 2008 Stone RIS aged in whiskey barrels is by far one of the greatest beers I've ever had, but finding any barrel aged Stone beer outside of Cali is extremely rare, I am just glad the Midwest rep is a friend of mine...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
Is KBS that much better than Breakfast Stout?

Yes. without a doubt. my girlfriend who doesn't like rich, heavy beers and hates whiskey in general loved KBS this weekend

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
looking forward to this weekend. Guys weekend out to my buddy's cottage. We're hitting up the 3floyds brewpub as well as another small brewery (backroads).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads