1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Went looking for KBS today... was not delivered yet.

Ended up with some other barrel aged stout to drink during poker night (and Ten Fidy and Breakfast Stout).

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile...latest&start=0

BORIS the CRUSHER barrel aged. Hope it doesn't suck.

[​IMG]

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

It's a tasty beer, an expensive beer, but tasty...

5. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

It's a tasty beer, an expensive beer, but tasty...

It was $11 !!! That is the most i have ever paid for a 22oz.

6. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

I've paid over $25 on a couple of occasions for different beers

7. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

I've paid over $25 on a couple of occasions for different beers

+1 unfortunately.

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

That's cheap! When and if you can find around these parts it's closer to $20...

9. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

That's cheap! When and if you can find around these parts it's closer to $20...

No wonder it was selling so quickly. The entire shelf was nearly empty... and they usually keep shelves full stocked at this store.

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

11. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

How was it?

Didnt drink it yet (will drink tonight while playing poker with friends). Going to see if I can buy another bottle or two after work. edit: sold out. WTF

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Founders Dirty Bastard on tap at Duane Reade UWS. Founders beer at a drug store chain.. wtf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_dnainf...ns-serves-beer

That's the weirdest thing i've seen all week, but I'm all about more Founders in the Tri-state area. Dirty bastard is probably one of my favorite beers and definitely in my top 10.

13. svd

svd Senior member

Founders Dirty Bastard on tap at Duane Reade UWS. Founders beer at a drug store chain.. wtf

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_dnainf...ns-serves-beer

Thanks for the link. Options for finding growler fill ups are getting better and better in the city.

Though there are still not enough good beer shops around. I do most of my shopping when work takes me to CT every few weeks. I haven't made it to the place linked below yet.

Good Beer NYC

14. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Thanks for the link. Options for finding growler fill ups are getting better and better in the city.

Though there are still not enough good beer shops around. I do most of my shopping when work takes me to CT every few weeks. I haven't made it to the place linked below yet.

Good Beer NYC

Interesting... probably expensive! And yes... Growlers are pretty much everywhere these days. But I think that Whole Foods is the only place you need to go. They have good beer on tap.

Yesterday i was in a beer store on the east side and some guy walks up to me and asks.. "are you on beer advocate?". First time that has happened to me.

15. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

Yesterday i was in a beer store on the east side and some guy walks up to me and asks.. "are you on beer advocate?". First time that has happened to me.

If I had a dime for everytime that happens....

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

That shit was happening at founders during kbs. So funny watching guys size each other up seeing if that person matched what their avatar is on beeradvocate. It was the most ackward 5 seconds watching dudes stare at each asking them if they are (ex.) "beergod69".

Actually I'm sure that'd happen if we all met here so I guess I can't rag on them too hard.

17. svd

svd Senior member

Interesting... probably expensive!

I assume so. WF has the perspective of a retail outlet and sells growler fill-ups relative to that pricing model. Bars sell at prices that reflect the cost of a pint sold there. But if a place has something I'm looking for I'll pay the $15 for it.

There isn't a Whole Foods convenient to where I live and work unfortunately.

18. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

I assume so. WF has the perspective of a retail outlet and sells growler fill-ups relative to that pricing model. Bars sell at prices that reflect the cost of a pint sold there. But if a place has something I'm looking for I'll pay the $15 for it.

There isn't a Whole Foods convenient to where I live and work unfortunately.

For example... i know of a bar selling KBS bottles for $15 each. Just might give one a try.

19. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

For example... i know of a bar selling KBS bottles for $15 each. Just might give one a try.

wtf, they had it on tap here in Richmond for $5

20. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

That shit was happening at founders during kbs. So funny watching guys size each other up seeing if that person matched what their avatar is on beeradvocate. It was the most ackward 5 seconds watching dudes stare at each asking them if they are (ex.) "beergod69".

Actually I'm sure that'd happen if we all met here so I guess I can't rag on them too hard.

Oh, I am going to judge you like a motherfucker when I pick-up my beer from you on Sunday...