1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ama

ama Senior member

'10 Red Poppy, we did a side-by-side with this years. I just bought a couple more bottles on Sunday...

I've been looking for it...we don't get Lost Abbey in these parts. [​IMG]

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

We only get certain ones here, all those in the picture are from the now defunct Sinner's Club which you had to be a member of to get all the limited releases...

3. ama

ama Senior member

Ahh...I wish more breweries would do that kind of thing. Red Poppy is the one there that interests me the most.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Ahh...I wish more breweries would do that kind of thing. Red Poppy is the one there that interests me the most.

Well, I don't know about that because you pay an annual membership fee which can be over $200 and that allows you to buy the limited release beers. So, you basically pay money to spend more money, I know The Bruery does that as well and the thing that sucks is all their limited releases are their best beers while their regular releases are pretty boring...

5. ama

ama Senior member

Well, I don't know about that because you pay an annual membership fee which can be over $200 and that allows you to buy the limited release beers. So, you basically pay money to spend more money, I know The Bruery does that as well and the thing that sucks is all their limited releases are their best beers while their regular releases are pretty boring...

Well, the setup of Lost Abbey was questionable, but I like the idea of breweries enabling their loyal customers to take the first crack at limited releases and granting them occasional access to one offs and the like. They would need to run it through a liquor store that is a licensed shipper, but it could be done.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

7. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Great score Rambo. I've really been loving Unibroue stuff as of recent, especially Don De Dieu.

8. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Oh hai boys!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This thread is gonna be the death of me [​IMG] I'd love to try any one of those stouts!

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Thanks guys. I stumbled ass backwards into the Fat Tire, Ten Fidy, Hops Slam, and Wells when I found a coffee bar/beer bar that stocked them and was willing to sell to me. They aren't normally stocked down here.

I'll post up my reviews once I start working through them all. If you like apricots, do you best to track down the La Binchoise. Its phenomenal.

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Thanks guys. I stumbled ass backwards into the Fat Tire, Ten Fidy, Hops Slam, and Wells when I found a coffee bar/beer bar that stocked them and was willing to sell to me. They aren't normally stocked down here.

I'll post up my reviews once I start working through them all. If you like apricots, do you best to track down the La Binchoise. Its phenomenal.

I've had all of them but La Binochiose. I've actually never heard of it.

11. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Texas_jack, I'm gonna be in Houston all this week. Any Texas brews to look into? I've spent most of my life in Arkansas, so I've had every Shiner beer. Just looking for something different.

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Texas_jack, I'm gonna be in Houston all this week. Any Texas brews to look into? I've spent most of my life in Arkansas, so I've had every Shiner beer. Just looking for something different.

I wish I could recommend stuff but i've been gone from Texas for 8 years now and i don't even know what's there anymore.

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Check out St. Arnold's Reserve...

14. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Sipping KBS on-tap right now, watching the Bulls dominate and less then 10 people are in the bar...WINNING!

16. randallr

randallr Senior member

Today John (Rach2jlc) and I had:
    KBS
    Stone Ruination
    Stone IPA
    Rogue Brutal Bitter
    Raging Bitch IPA

I have to say...I don't see what all the hype is about with KBS. I don't understand why it's a spring release; seems like it should be a fall/winter beer. I know very little about beer as I'm just starting to learn more and try different kinds. It was ok...not worth the $6 a bottle. If anyone wants some I can get it and ship to them-just pm me.

17. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

randallr... did you get the KBS in nyc? They only have it at one bar that i know of. I think it is 15$ per bottle.

Rambo. Nice selection! I like the Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I used to drink Fat Tire when I lived in Boulder. The good old days.

How is the Hopslam? I have been debating buying some on ebay to give it a try.

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Oh god. Retract that statement. I had so many PMs

19. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Pay for shipping and I'll send you 3 bottles if you want to try Hopslam, please don't buy it off of the bay!

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Rambo. Nice selection! I like the Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I used to drink Fat Tire when I lived in Boulder. The good old days. How is the Hopslam? I have been debating buying some on ebay to give it a try.
    I've had the OAB before and it really improves on the regular AB IMO. I haven't had the Hopslam yet. Toochy keeps talking about it so I figured I'd spring for a bottle.