• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Barena styles and sizing thread.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
HI all,

Have my eye on a pair of pants by this italian label but don't know that much about it. I like the look of their pants this season particularly the flannel and twill chinos. Anyone have any experience with the label and pants and can comment on the quality and construction? Thanks for your help.

mtre

Reaction score
Can't comment on the pants, but I own a number of their jackets and knitwear and the quality is second to none. Really amazing stuff with a fit that suits me perfectly...

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
In light of the recent interest in/discussion regarding/mad coppage of Barena stuffs as of late, I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

A few fits courtesy of the forum's handy search function are below. There are probably lots more posted by you jerks who don't bother listing brands. You know who you are. :plain:

SS
Barena
COS
Cheap local jeans
MMM

I
look like an amorphous blob, but Missthèse is swagged out:​

T9l7Gdyl.jpg

L: TOJ, Gap, JCrew, CP R: Barena, JCrew, Levi's, MMM​

ryTw5DKl.jpg

Jacket closeups here

More an RP than a WAYWT:

Still available in sizes 46 and 48 from Roden Gray :devil:

South2 West8
Engineered Garments
Barena
Quoddy

Buying a camera in a few weeks :embar:

I should add that this is a heavily synthese-inspired fit.

Great thread. Kinda embarrassed to post these right after a bunch of runway shots, but someone mentioned Barena earlier.

I picked these up pretty recently, and I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of them. I'll probably wear them more often for biz-caz stuff (button down, trousers or chinos, derbies), but I figure they're casual and cardigan-esque enough to go with jeans and a t-shirt.

"Servolo" jacket, which is a wool/polyamide blend and has lined sleeves, no vents in back:

"Baicolo" jacket, which is an unlined jersey cotton material with double vents in back:

Link to F/W '13 lookbook: http://www.aspectsofcool.com/barena-fallwinter-2013-collection-lookbook/

S/S '13: http://www.barenavenezia.com/?page_id=1484

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still cant figure out how to size their jackets. How do the knit jackets fit this fall?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barena x holocaust museum

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I still cant figure out how to size their jackets. How do the knit jackets fit this fall?

The jackets I have (none of which are from this fall) all fit me well in a 48, which is my normal jacket size.

The more cardigan-ish stuff seems to fit a little larger; the thing I'm wearing in my first pic above is a 46, and the Synthese-inspired flavor-of-the-month long cardigan seems to run about a size big.

barena x holocaust museum

Ugh, same thing I thought when I first saw that picture. That's gotta be the most depressing museum I've ever visited, edging out the Peace Memorial Museum in Hiroshima. :confused:

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bumping this as surprised how little there is on barena here

tried on the dese coat and (believe) slanega jacket earlier and both were great--fit TTS. any other barena pieces for sale aside from the one or two topcoats, blazers and trousers I've seen?

who are the primary vendors of this stuff (found end, tbs, nitty gritty, and barney's)?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yoox has a decent selection of blazers right now, worth checking out.

Hobbs

Reaction score

bumping this as surprised how little there is on barena here

tried on the dese coat and (believe) slanega jacket earlier and both were great--fit TTS. any other barena pieces for sale aside from the one or two topcoats, blazers and trousers I've seen?

who are the primary vendors of this stuff (found end, tbs, nitty gritty, and barney's)?

Barneys in Beverly Hills currently has the widest range of Barena I've seen. There seems to be more than they've listed online too.

Other stockists include Le Rayon Frais, Mohawk, Indigo and Cotton, Rooney, Atoo, Unionmade, Carson Street and Next Door.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That review is both accurate and inaccurate. Obviously, I ended up keeping the robe, and it was my best purchase of the fall by far. I wore I probably every day. No, it's not an inverallan hand knit, but it's very comfortable, and has an almost Victorian shape to it. I wore it with combat boots just the other day as outerwear over another long sweater and thought it looked really cool.

I have grown to like the materials much more, too. Rough but soft, if that makes sense, and I haven't actually seen a lot of pilling (and it has been worn a ton). Also, the wool blend will look good with some wear and tear on it, whih isna weird thing to say about wool but is also true. They dropped to 145 on yoox and I almost bought another color. Anyway, now I love mine.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That review is both accurate and inaccurate. Obviously, I ended up keeping the robe, and it was my best purchase of the fall by far. I wore I probably every day. No, it's not an inverallan hand knit, but it's very comfortable, and has an almost Victorian shape to it. I wore it with combat boots just the other day as outerwear over another long sweater and thought it looked really cool.

I have grown to like the materials much more, too. Rough but soft, if that makes sense, and I haven't actually seen a lot of pilling (and it has been worn a ton). Also, the wool blend will look good with some wear and tear on it, whih isna weird thing to say about wool but is also true. They dropped to 145 on yoox and I almost bought another color. Anyway, now I love mine.

How did you size it Synth, TTS or did you size up from what you normally wear in tops?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How did you size it Synth, TTS or did you size up from what you normally wear in tops?
I am an XL and went TTS. It is big enought that I can wear a gym-weight sweater underneath it. A good size.

eluther

Reaction score
Went to Barney's today and tried on every piece of Barena they had with lapels in 48 and 50. I straddle a small/medium in most brands, and felt like Barena was TTS. The 48 stuff fit but was a little tight in the shoulders with my ams crossed, which is common for me. The sz 50 stuff fit well, but is just a touch roomy in the chest (just a touch - it fits well but looks a little more relaxed).

Barney's had a lot of the stuff on sale – prices were comparable to Yoox.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads