• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Baltimore Orioles Thread of Hope and Change (Yes We Can!)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd totally do it.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was pessimistic going into this series, for some reason we've only started playing Boston tough the last 2 series of last year. Tonight's extra inning win should be a serious shot in the arm for confidence. They went through the line up twice giving up nothing and even horrible Mark Reynolds contributed. They just put Reimold on the DL and called up another catcher...I don't know exactly why, I'm pretty content with Paulino catching every 6th or 7th day. It seem as always our AA and AAA team are lacking quality outfield prospects. Someone find me Lastings Milliage.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:uhoh::uhoh:

Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said before the game that veteran infielder Miguel Tejada will report to the team's spring training facility in Sarasota, Fla., on Monday to take a physical

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, what an awesome game. Chris Davis goes from goat to hero. He had incredible stuff!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:slayer::happy::D

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just went to the ballpark to buy tix for tonight's game. Channel 2 news interviewed me, wanting to know if I was a loyal fan, or was I going because of the recent surge. I said "Yes". :happy:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're the last team in baseball with a single digit losing record.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....stop.....pitching.....to Josh.......HAMILTON!!!

Hannerhan

Reaction score

....stop.....pitching.....to Josh.......HAMILTON!!!

I mean seriously, when Josh walks up there for the 4th time, as a pitcher wouldn't the ONLY thing on your mind be "don't throw him anything to hit"?

Not to hijack this thread, but as a life-long Rangers fan I am enjoying watch Josh hit (there is no doubt that he is a generational talent...up there with A-Rod and Griffey Jr. in their primes when healthy), and hoping that he scores a monster contract at the end of the year getting Pujols-type money. And praying that it's not the Rangers that offer it to him.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean seriously, when Josh walks up there for the 4th time, as a pitcher wouldn't the ONLY thing on your mind be "don't throw him anything to hit"?
Not to hijack this thread, but as a life-long Rangers fan I am enjoying watch Josh hit (there is no doubt that he is a generational talent...up there with A-Rod and Griffey Jr. in their primes when healthy), and hoping that he scores a monster contract at the end of the year getting Pujols-type money. And praying that it's not the Rangers that offer it to him.

Hijack away my friend. I wanted to get at least one game from this three game series against the Rangers. It kind of disappoints me that we can't keep them under double digits in runs, but for all of our early season successes, we're still a very young team and an even younger pitching staff. I really hang my hat on those extra inning wins vs. Boston and keeping it close in extra inning losses to the Yankees, I think it shows what this team is really capable of in the near term. Long term I want to get Britton back up and throwing well and Matusz back in a winning mind set. Thrilled with Jones' ability to bat with 2 strikes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it seems baseball is going the way of every other sport. if you suck long enough, you will one day be great if even half your draft picks shake out

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it's a four game set, slopho.

i'm hoping we don't suffer any more blowout wins. they're not good for the staff ego.

we did play some great ones against boston and the yanks; i'm hoping these games against the rangers are the anomaly, and not the quality Ws against the east. O's have a brutal run here with the Rangers, Rays, Yanks, Nats, Sawx, and Jays (with a few sprinkles of KC cooking for respite) in the next two weeks.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Ugh, its a 4 game set?? Well, then we should hopefully get 2. The thing I've noticed about our pitching staff is, the starters at least go too deep into counts. Every time I look up there's a 2-2 or 3-2 count on the opposing batter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads