• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the shoes and going to return them. There is a staple/metal thing pop inside the sole and when I tried putting the insole (they gave) it gets bunch up inside the shoes. Idk how I feel about the QC issue.

I wonder if anyone familiar with Julius footwear quality and their QC? Or should I invest into Guidi, Marsell, ma+ or A1923 instead? Thank you

Julius quality is above Rick Owens, if you want it rated tier wise. Their brand kind of took a turn in the wrong direction, but for the price certainly better than rick. You should always invest in Guidi footwear anyday over Julius though.

Guys i've been struggling with finding some cool pair of sneaks, i am wanting something not as bulky as RO or as extreme as CCP. Been looking at hender scheme but not sure if an all black pair is for me neither is the all tan pair.

Wondering if there are some good suggestions for all leather sneaks.

Oh looked into James Kearns, amazing stuff but i feel like i need a boot tuck to make it work.

Y-3 qasas, dying to find a decent pair. Or Boris Bambassss. Artisanal brands make hideous sneakers at least in my eyes. Unless you buy CCP drips.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Got my guidi 795V boots, really happy with them. However, it came out to be somewhat big in term of the length like I can fit a finger in it , the wide and instep feels me comfortable right out of the box. I wonder if I should just add an insole or try to return them?

If anyone have a 42 or 41.5 let me know. I’m a size US 8

the last is elongated. if the width and instep fit, then it's fine.

yunBW

Reaction score
Julius quality is above Rick Owens, if you want it rated tier wise. Their brand kind of took a turn in the wrong direction, but for the price certainly better than rick. You should always invest in Guidi footwear anyday over Julius though.
yeah, bought the guidi 795V. Really like the quality of it. Thank you

yunBW

Reaction score
the last is elongated. if the width and instep fit, then it's fine.
so if my feet slightly slides (.5in) inside the boots is fine t? right now the width and instep fit very comfortable, I'm worried if it stretches in the future, it will be too big for my feet.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk Are you looking for high tops? A1923 has some nice ones

Yea been considering those but I’ve never sized a1923 sneaks (presume I’ll be a 44) and I kinda have a love hate with that designer, I’ve sokd all my a1924 over the years due to either quality or fit. Currently I think his **** is overpriced as well.

I do kinda like em though.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
so if my feet slightly slides (.5in) inside the boots is fine t? right now the width and instep fit very comfortable, I'm worried if it stretches in the future, it will be too big for my feet.

yes, as long as the width and instep are fine, you should be fine. when you say your feet slides, do you mean your heel slides? then you might want to just get a thin insole to prevent that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads