• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

yunBW

Reaction score
i had a pair and the sole started to come apart near the welt, idk if their quality got any better.
Wow, how many wears have caused the sole to start separating? I bought it pretty cheap $150, but I was wondering if maybe brands like doc martens made in U.K will be a more reliable boots?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, how many wears have caused the sole to start separating? I bought it pretty cheap $150, but I was wondering if maybe brands like doc martens made in U.K will be a more reliable boots?

Not sure how many wears but it was in first month

yunBW

Reaction score
Not sure how many wears but it was in first month
I received the shoes and going to return them. There is a staple/metal thing pop inside the sole and when I tried putting the insole (they gave) it gets bunch up inside the shoes. Idk how I feel about the QC issue.

I wonder if anyone familiar with Julius footwear quality and their QC? Or should I invest into Guidi, Marsell, ma+ or A1923 instead? Thank you

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I received the shoes and going to return them. There is a staple/metal thing pop inside the sole and when I tried putting the insole (they gave) it gets bunch up inside the shoes. Idk how I feel about the QC issue.

I wonder if anyone familiar with Julius footwear quality and their QC? Or should I invest into Guidi, Marsell, ma+ or A1923 instead? Thank you

No idea about Julius but all of the mentioned brands have QC issues here n there YMMV but with artisanal stuff expect things to happen.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 41 black reverse calf S23M

yunBW

Reaction score
Size 41 black reverse calf S23M

Seems to fit me, but I have never tried purchasing from Japanese website. I wonder if I need a proxy or some sort. Is it worth it buying a 2006 production boots? Sorry just got into these type of shoemaking not long ago.

Thank you

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to fit me, but I have never tried purchasing from Japanese website. I wonder if I need a proxy or some sort. Is it worth it buying a 2006 production boots? Sorry just got into these type of shoemaking not long ago.

Thank you
I use zenmarket to buy goods from japan and have been satisfied with their service.

IME the thick reverse leathers hold up very well despite their age and these appear to be in good condition. And oops those are brown not black. 5am bleary eyed reading the 7 as a 9.

The instep on these double soles S23Ms is very very low so if you have a high instep I’d suggest going a size up. The single soled S23Ms have much more forgiving instep but are very rare.

Also, the sole edge has been refinished or perhaps the sole replaced and is probably why the price is low.

yunBW

Reaction score
I use zenmarket to buy goods from japan and have been satisfied with their service.

IME the thick reverse leathers hold up very well despite their age and these appear to be in good condition. And oops those are brown not black. 5am bleary eyed reading the 7 as a 9.

The instep on these double soles S23Ms is very very low so if you have a high instep I’d suggest going a size up. The single soled S23Ms have much more forgiving instep but are very rare.

Also, the sole edge has been refinished or perhaps the sole replaced and is probably why the price is low.
Thanks a lot, most of the times I have issue fitting in shoes with low instep. I think I’ll pass on these. Thanks a lot!

Btw are Guidi 795v have a generous instep and how to they age over time? Thank you

dono625

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting these A1923's off Yoox, but then I googled the product code, and the second image is all that I could find. Should I be suspicious? Screenshot_20190730-141654_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20190730-141646_DuckDuckGo.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting these A1923's off Yoox, but then I googled the product code, and the second image is all that I could find. Should I be suspicious? View attachment 1214892 View attachment 1214893
Second picture is too cheap and too many units. Classic sign of a scam webpage. Yoox is legit

wow a1923 on yoox that's new.

there is also cDiem on yoox that looks cool and comparable for the price.

If any0one buys from yoox and isn't sure just post pics and some of us can confirm/authenticate

yunBW

Reaction score
Got my guidi 795V boots, really happy with them. However, it came out to be somewhat big in term of the length like I can fit a finger in it , the wide and instep feels me comfortable right out of the box. I wonder if I should just add an insole or try to return them?

If anyone have a 42 or 41.5 let me know. I’m a size US 8

Attachments

• 9BC189BC-5303-402E-9E13-47D4A402DA36.jpeg
    9BC189BC-5303-402E-9E13-47D4A402DA36.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 389

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys i've been struggling with finding some cool pair of sneaks, i am wanting something not as bulky as RO or as extreme as CCP. Been looking at hender scheme but not sure if an all black pair is for me neither is the all tan pair.

Wondering if there are some good suggestions for all leather sneaks.

Oh looked into James Kearns, amazing stuff but i feel like i need a boot tuck to make it work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics