• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

GarleyCavidson

Reaction score

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: We’ve chatted a couple of times over the last six months but there has been no clear movement on actually replacing the faulty boots.

Well that sucks. You got them from a retailer, correct? I can't remember the name of the store.

markalexpalmer

Reaction score
That sucks! For a US Retailer to behave like that is really strange. They need to stand behind their product and not push the problem onto you.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if the retailer didn't intervene, the fact is that Altieri hasn't done jack or doesn't want to address the issue is more concerning.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Hope you are well. I know it's been a while. My wife just got a job teaching English in Japan and we'll be moving there at the end of July. Pretty excited. We'll know more about our location in a few days.

But I'm considering another pair of derbies before we go. Torn between CCP and A1923. I really only like the pointy toe version of the latter. But where is the best place to kop CCP?

I have some stuff I'll be hoping to sell before we go (perhaps my dual-zips in 41--fits a 42/43) but right now I'm having a hard time parting with anything. :(

Okay, talk to yaz later.

~ATG

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Hope you are well. I know it's been a while. My wife just got a job teaching English in Japan and we'll be moving there at the end of July. Pretty excited. We'll know more about our location in a few days.

But I'm considering another pair of derbies before we go. Torn between CCP and A1923. I really only like the pointy toe version of the latter. But where is the best place to kop CCP?

I have some stuff I'll be hoping to sell before we go (perhaps my dual-zips in 41--fits a 42/43) but right now I'm having a hard time parting with anything. :(

Okay, talk to yaz later.

~ATG

PNP or Samsa G are the best imo. I’d def get CCP derbies cuz he uses nicer leather and a1923 production these days is not dependable.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
C0C9C786-2745-4923-89CA-E066DBA7F12E.jpeg

Quick snap, 3 years of wear

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i'm digging the lace ups and the high top sneaks but won't buy em.
the new lace up does not appeal to me the way the original drip sneakers do.

I find none of this new footwear as appealing as the 2007 -2010 stuff

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got in a pair of CCP black derbies CUL-PTC and they are absolutely beautiful. Last time around I got a size 8 and had to sell them as they were too big (I'm a 42.5). This time I opted for a 7 and they are super-tight on the sides.

Anybody have luck breaking them in from "too tight" to "just right"? Really don't want to have to send these back.

Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. Sending back. Ugh. My wide, potato farmer feet and CCP will never be friends in derbies, I fear.

Last edited:

make_out

Reaction score
So I have a question regarding the fit of some Guidi 988s I picked up recently, and this thread seems to have tons of knowledgeable people in it.

My foot measures out to a true EU 45, so I sized up to a 46 based on advice I found online, which seems like the consensus here as well. Unfortunately, my big toe touches the very front of the toe box, and not in a comfortable way. The part that really confuses me is that I feel like I definitely can't size up since my heel already slips a bit, which is kind of an issue given the boot's laceless design.

Does anyone else have this problem of Guidi boots somehow feeling simultaneously too short and too long? Or do they just not work with my feet?

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads