• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Flimsy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I had. Found a great high end retailer during winter but never purchased. Anything from them and I forgot to bookmark the site.

Dedignwise, it was similar to SVD however all the items were listed in one big grid, maybe 8 listings horizontally.
Sold out items had a grey thumbnail and items on sale had a red thumbnail
They had fantastic stock, ranging from carpe to ccp.
Based in Europe, I think.

Flimsy

Reaction score
Guess I was mistsken this is definitely the site though, thank you!

Do you know of any other sites similar to this that are pretty low key?

rokor

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what era or season these tornadoes are from? My best guess is mid/early 2000s but I can’t find much out there to compare them to.

1DFC2B71-E0DC-4FBB-A199-C5FA4BD70622.jpeg

557AACD8-E3B2-48EA-9F36-B90933BA010F.jpeg

367FCB35-239D-46FB-9DA4-CB8C2CBFA744.jpeg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what era or season these tornadoes are from? My best guess is mid/early 2000s but I can’t find much out there to compare them to.

View attachment 1171563

View attachment 1171564

View attachment 1171565
pre 2007. as they don't have the shank on the outside of the sole.

View attachment 1171563

View attachment 1171564

View attachment 1171565

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are these the re-issues? They are listed as "Carpe Diem By Maurizio Altieri"

https://www.yoox.com/us/11697772AM/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=11697772AM&sizeId=&sizeName=

So not exactly. I had these and returned them. The last and zipper are a bit different from the previous side zips. This is made by the company the re-issued the cDiem footwear but they are not a re-issue or the old style they are a new style.

@eckblk and I discussed this before and he can confirm as well since he is the resident cDiem expert.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between original and reissues other than leather quality?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well if it’s the one in the yoox link those are actually completely different side zips then before.

If you are asking the question of old s21m vs new, then yes seems like it’s the leather.

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score

For the S40M model (backzip boots), from what I've seen they have reissued 2 models, a goodyear and a blake stitch version.

The goodyear version has been modified from the original design. The instep has been raised and the sole is a bit chunkier. They remind me of some of the Jun Hashimoto issued carpe diem boots. I personally would steer clear of this one. Here it is on yoox:
https://www.yoox.com/us/11664340AW/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=11664340AW&sizeId=&sizeName=

the blake stitch model is identical to the original version. daad has one from last fall: https://www.daad-dantone.com/carpe-diem-side-zip-shoes.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics