• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of Guidi and Rossellini boots and have another question for guys who have shoes from them:

Do these shoes stretch out significantly after you’ve worn them for a while? I get a little heel slip already with the 43.5, so if it got any looser, they’d definitely be too big. I could switch for 43, but I haven’t yet because there’s the risk that the 43 will be too short and I’ll be stuck having paid for all that international shipping.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine stretched a little bit, but not much? I’d rather throw an insole if they do stretch than murder my foot with a size too small
There are very few things that will make you hate life as much as will too small shoes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I say you can always add an insole but you can’t chop off a toe!
Not literally true, but fair enough. I think that my Guidi 109s will be ready today from the cobbler's. So much more comfortable than boots, particularly in the summer.

Reaction score
hey all. was window shopping at Atelier a while back and fell in love with the guidi reverse leather chelseas. could i expect to pick them on sale at some point in the future, or will i need to bite the bullet and pay full price? cheers

markalexpalmer

Reaction score
Not literally true, but fair enough. I think that my Guidi 109s will be ready today from the cobbler's. So much more comfortable than boots, particularly in the summer.

Out of interest how do those 109's fit? Are they TTS, as I am thinking of getting a pair for the summer...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of interest how do those 109's fit? Are they TTS, as I am thinking of getting a pair for the summer...
Mine are a size small. I am usually a size US 11, and these fit comfortably, but without any real extra room, in a size 45.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't remember who was asking about it upthread, but I just got the 990Es from Idol (the slip-ons with elastic on only one side), and I would say they are TTS as Idol advertised—I got a 43 and normally wear 44 in guidi, and the fit is excellent.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't remember who was asking about it upthread, but I just got the 990Es from Idol (the slip-ons with elastic on only one side), and I would say they are TTS as Idol advertised—I got a 43 and normally wear 44 in guidi, and the fit is excellent.
Yeah, I could see that. I have a pair. I'd characterize them as maybe a 1/2 size small, but they do for roomier than Guidi generally does.

Just fwiw, what leather are yours? Mine are reverse stag, very soft, so I imagine that they might shrink more in the water baths than say, horse.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are horse; pretty soft as horse leather goes but I've never seen the stag so I can't compare. They're also lined, which I suppose could make a (small) difference.
Mine are lined as well. I have a lot of Guidi's "soft horse", and though it is really very soft, that's a consequence of the specific tanning process, and the density of the fibers remains relatively similar until the leather is subjected to the water bath.

One good thing about living in a small town is that space is relatively inexpensive, and so I've met a few hobbyist tanners (we are also the home of a "famous" hide house) who tan in some very traditional ways, and have learned a lot more about the tanning process and the effect on the hide.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Xpost

Something is happening

5B11C63D-7DBE-4E7A-ABF4-4FBB1FC6D0C8.png

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, how should I be sizing the s21 backzips? I am a 43/feet measures 28cm. Should I go with outsole measurements? I heard the instep being low and the need to size up for a comfortable fit. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads