• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What animal is that? Is that a cat?? Or a kinkajou?

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not even a little?... it makes me appreciate CDiem all the more when comparing to others. Although the A1923's are nice, the CDeim's are much more refined in shape and proportions.
The crushing instep of the c diems is made readily apparent by this comparison That seems to be the major difference in silhouette EDIT: weird that your photo is replaced by a 'brooks brothers' banner

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What animal is that? Is that a cat?? Or a kinkajou?

That's a dog, dawg! A chihuahua, to be specific. He's still a kid in that picture. That's what he looks like now - a big boy
smile.gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the instep stretch (I know it's probably dependent on the leather, but figured I'd ask people anyways)? I've never tried CDiem and y'all make it seem like the instep is pure pain.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
the instep is low for sure, but they fit tts. it really depends how high your instep is. the backzips are one the easier models to put on. trying to put on the sidezips (which, to be fair, are more comfortable on they're on the feet) is pure torture.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna give it a try then.

Yeah, I don't know how to get side zips on. My nonnative ones are a pain to put on.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ehh I don't care for the copy comparison of a1923 anymore.

When I first noticed a1923, I think it was 2010, he had a LOT of boots with crazy leathers all over the place. His stuff also didn't look like a "copy" back then but it also wasn't selling that well.

He had a few hits here n there but it was 2014 with the dual zips and his work boots that he finally had a lot of great offerings. Sure ccp had the dual zip first but they didn't persue it so what's the problem of a1923 designing it. He also made a kick ass disjoint boot and never re-made it which truly sucks because I liked it.

All of this comes down to what works for you. I personally like tornados but don't like a1923 ST2 (spiral zips), I think that zip design sucks. But then there are plenty of great things.

I miss the 12/13 years of the super thick leathers. I truly love the opposite side dual zips I have. They are straight up tanks. Would be good if his on order stuff would include older models.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's beautiful, man, thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Guys, thanks a lot for the feedback! It was great to see such awesome and varied colors of donkey leather, and to hear your experiences with this leather. Hopefully I will soon be sporting a pair of these:
I care about your footwear collection well being.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

markalexpalmer

Reaction score
I'm looking for some Summer shoes... thinking ahead... the early bird and all that. I spotted these at Fascinate...

What's stopping me is I am drawing a complete blank with what to pair them with? I'm thinking shorts...Any ideas? With socks or without? How would you wear them?

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pretty easy to make that modification to a pair of your existing shoes

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Speaking of modifications, has anyone tried slimming the shaft on a pair of boots? I'm getting some heel slippage that I think could be reduced if the shaft opening was a little narrower.

javy

Reaction score
wouldn't it make more sense to just put an insole?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics