• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A1923 Paris

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sheeeeet! should of ordered that color on the wider boot :censored:.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sheeeeet! should of ordered that color on the wider boot :censored:.

we could of ordered diff colors in same batch right? Personally i really wanted a black wide last version cuz i don't have that deep black like the bison ones i had.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not 100 percent sure- @jpc9 tried to change his to col 19 but could not.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not 100 percent sure- @jpc9 tried to change his to col 19 but could not.

oh after the order is in, its in thats it, i tried switching and couldn't either. Nevertheless, if the wide last turns out anything like @bdude/@psydle pairs then I'm happy.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with dying reverse leather? I have a pair of brown wjk boots I'm looking to turn black. They're slightly waxed, so I'm not sure if that will be an issue.

anarch

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been dying both red and brown reverse cordovan on two different pair of A1923 boots (work and double zip) and it turned out great. No issue what so ever.

docdocgs

Reaction score
I'm good with em. my old ones still thicker
devil.gif

Damn, man, those are verrrry nice. Size 9 is like 44, generally speaking? Lemme know, those don't work out for you. I'll drive to you. WITH a bottle of whiskey.

docdocgs

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been dying both red and brown reverse cordovan on two different pair of A1923 boots (work and double zip) and it turned out great. No issue what so ever.

@anarch , any before-and-after pics? What's your method? Thanks!

anarch

Reaction score
@anarch , any before-and-after pics? What's your method? Thanks!

Yeah, I'll try to take some new after pics once there's sufficient daylight.

I used a leather dye called Narvsvärta (http://www.slojd-detaljer.se/katego...er/ytbehandling-narvsvarta/narvsvarta-pid3361) and applicated the dye with a small brush - once on the brown pair and twice on the red pair. I waited for the boots to dry between the applications. If the boots aren't black enough just brush them once more. The work boots were easy, while the dual zips were a bit trickier due to the zips and all the different leather crevices. Because of the potency of the dye I covered the zips in masking tape. The reversed part of the boots (the entire work boot and the back of the double zips) is initially very stiff, but softens after a couple of wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads