• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this
Can see anything. just fyi this is a boot thread not a fix boot thread. Its confusing when someone pops into the thread and just starts talking about eyelets of some random boot out of context. Give us the story so we can at least understand whats going on.

joewood

Reaction score
Can see anything.

just fyi this is a boot thread not a fix boot thread. Its confusing when someone pops into the thread and just starts talking about eyelets of some random boot out of context. Give us the story so we can at least understand whats going on.
Ok, thank you for the information! Boots are is by individual sentiments. Will visit cobbler and ask about it tomorrow.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To answer your question, metal eyelets are not necessary but I'd recommend them. Some brands such as guidi don't use them on their lace ups, I believe a1923 may not either and that's ok. But eyelets are there to keep the leather from tearing on lace ups and for the laces to pull easier. You can get away with not having them. I think it's a good thing and a cobbler should be able to fix this for under $20 esp if you have the eyelet.

I recommend finding a very reputable cobbler because this fix requires a little bit of stitch cutting and re sowing. I had this happen to me on a boot.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these Guidi? Or very worn CCP

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought as well but his right foot it looks like a zip but maybe it's just the lightning. Still interesting, I'm gonna sell my Guidi 994 size 44 and some tan CD S52 in tan size 42. If anyone's interested.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are these Guidi? Or very worn CCP

I think guidi 788z....going from the heel height, low profile toe, and rounded toe cap

Yeah that's what I thought as well but his right foot it looks like a zip but maybe it's just the lightning. Still interesting, I'm gonna sell my Guidi 994 size 44 and some tan CD S52 in tan size 42. If anyone's interested.

I think eton is right because even though the pose is suggestive of CCP, i don't see an inner zipper on the boots and i know pitt loves his guidi

see

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason I was posting about 123&124 is that I managed to track down a brand new pair of derbies, just showed up today
Quality is on par with any other artisnal brand, stiff slightly waxed horse leather should break in very nicely

REALLY terrible quick fit pic:

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those side zips look promising.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 1/4 what I would have paid for a new pair of those reindeer A1923 I was about to buy haha
Truth be told I like the shape of the A1923 a little bit better but it's fun to diversify brands

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads