• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
dang this makes the sizing seem even crazier than it was before; I remember sinnedk saying the rule of thumb was to add 2 to the CCP size. I wish there were stockists around here so I could actually try the damn things on.
It’s always better to try on CCP. The truth is that the process of construction and object dying created variation on the sizing.

also same boots in different years/ collections fit differently.
Kangaroo and Bison are more forgiving. Horse is a different beast

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. M5.....nice

I wanted that v10 E60 M5 but it’s a money pit.
I still gave my E90 M3....
The newer cars are too “ advanced” for me.

I was looking forward to the Supra but it’s actually a let down.
I agree. Was looking to upgrade my BRZ to a Supra. Was looking at a M3 for awhile but I feel like EV is upon us.

Espresso-Time

Reaction score
So I just received the A1923 FW14 St3 boots that were discussed a couple of weeks back.

Initial impression: I love the leather! I was wanting a grain side out boot but the reverse horse leather is really unlike anything else I’ve seen or felt. Extremely soft but tough. The variation in texture makes this far different than suede or other rough out leathers. In some areas it feels like smooth grain and in others it feels like suede. I have no regrets on getting this leather! Overall, the look and shape of the boot is pretty spot on. It’s slim without getting a “pointy toe” look. As such, they are pretty versatile with different outfits. One thing I noticed is the toe on the left boot is a little extra wrinkled. Both toes are pretty distressed given the style, but it almost seems like the celastic (doesn’t feel like leather so I assuming it’s celastic) is dented/cracked. This may be just part of the distressing process and doesn’t really bother me because it goes with the look. In any case, it is a somewhat easy “fix” if I cared to do it.

Color: It’s hard to describe because the color changes so much depending on the lighting source. Indoor lighting makes them seem dark black whereas they turn into a gunmetal (with hints of blue) in the direct sunlight. They seem to go well with grey or black pants. Dark wash jeans also work well but if the weft is lighter, it looks a little off when cuffing.

Fit: These are size 45. I was worried they wouldn’t fit because apparently this season ran smaller. Well, I was excited to find that my US 12.5E feet fit in them! They are snug but not tight in width. One thing is that they do run slightly short (32.5cm outsole.) but I still have a little over an inch of room in the toe. Since they’re not elongated, they make my feet look slightly shorter than normal, but it’s not too bad. I’d probably prefer about a half size bigger. Though they seem to fit, I am not sure if sizing will be an issue long term. er ~6 hours I had a little rubbing on my pinky toe. I guess I could trade for a similar pair that fits slightly bigger, but I would have a really hard time letting these go.

Anyways, here are some quick pictures I shot while trying to “work” from home.
DFFFB0A7-7309-4A04-AF3C-8122FC92B0A6.jpeg
33F8605F-FE4B-45E8-88DD-66588CEC9F8A.jpeg

469E6188-487C-423B-A0E0-7053DEC3F469.jpeg

3B0747B5-921F-4B1A-BCF0-47DAF6E8D7F6.jpeg

41185915-78DB-4C5E-B66D-2F64496CCED3.jpeg

3C529AD8-44B3-41DD-A533-16D833393C71.jpeg

4DCF2F7C-6147-4CA2-84D8-20E0BF8C65A4.jpeg
963748EC-D99B-46DD-9EA1-A1E53545B7AC.jpeg
2647FBF0-97B6-450D-823D-9090009E7CD5.jpeg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I just received the A1923 FW14 St3 boots that were discussed a couple of weeks back.

Initial impression: I love the leather! I was wanting a grain side out boot but the reverse horse leather is really unlike anything else I’ve seen or felt. Extremely soft but tough. The variation in texture makes this far different than suede or other rough out leathers. In some areas it feels like smooth grain and in others it feels like suede. I have no regrets on getting this leather! Overall, the look and shape of the boot is pretty spot on. It’s slim without getting a “pointy toe” look. As such, they are pretty versatile with different outfits. One thing I noticed is the toe on the left boot is a little extra wrinkled. Both toes are pretty distressed given the style, but it almost seems like the celastic (doesn’t feel like leather so I assuming it’s celastic) is dented/cracked. This may be just part of the distressing process and doesn’t really bother me because it goes with the look. In any case, it is a somewhat easy “fix” if I cared to do it.

Color: It’s hard to describe because the color changes so much depending on the lighting source. Indoor lighting makes them seem dark black whereas they turn into a gunmetal (with hints of blue) in the direct sunlight. They seem to go well with grey or black pants. Dark wash jeans also work well but if the weft is lighter, it looks a little off when cuffing.

Fit: These are size 45. I was worried they wouldn’t fit because apparently this season ran smaller. Well, I was excited to find that my US 12.5E feet fit in them! They are snug but not tight in width. One thing is that they do run slightly short (32.5cm outsole.) but I still have a little over an inch of room in the toe. Since they’re not elongated, they make my feet look slightly shorter than normal, but it’s not too bad. I’d probably prefer about a half size bigger. Though they seem to fit, I am not sure if sizing will be an issue long term. er ~6 hours I had a little rubbing on my pinky toe. I guess I could trade for a similar pair that fits slightly bigger, but I would have a really hard time letting these go.

Anyways, here are some quick pictures I shot while trying to “work” from home. View attachment 1582874 View attachment 1582875

View attachment 1582876
View attachment 1582882
View attachment 1582877
View attachment 1582878
View attachment 1582879 View attachment 1582880 View attachment 1582881

Looks good man enjoy. Might i suggest some rick owens jeans that stack to go with these. Self Edge just did a collar see https://www.selfedge.com/rick-owens and they will work well with the boots.

Re sizing, ugh i sold my a1923 culatta fw14 because they felt more like a 43.5/43.75 rather than a 44, after that i dont wan to risk it, most of my CCP is 33cm in length so when i see 32.5 i get a bit hesitant.

The grey with reverse looks real good, wear in good health.

Espresso-Time

Reaction score
Looks good man enjoy. Might i suggest some rick owens jeans that stack to go with these. Self Edge just did a collar see https://www.selfedge.com/rick-owens and they will work well with the boots.

Re sizing, ugh i sold my a1923 culatta fw14 because they felt more like a 43.5/43.75 rather than a 44, after that i dont wan to risk it, most of my CCP is 33cm in length so when i see 32.5 i get a bit hesitant.

The grey with reverse looks real good, wear in good health.

Thanks! Yeah, these pants are just levis 510 that I happened to be wearing at the time of delivery. Those Rick Owens are nice and I need some pants that stack, so I’ll check them out. At 6”4, I feel like I need something with a 36in inseam to get nice stacking.

Sizing always sucks for me, so fingers crossed that these pass the longer-term fit test. Sometimes I hate being into stuff that I can’t just easily go to a store and try on. Ha. Does A1923 regularly make boots in size 46? I haven’t come across any in the used market and retail seems to only go to 45.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, these pants are just levis 510 that I happened to be wearing at the time of delivery. Those Rick Owens are nice and I need some pants that stack, so I’ll check them out. At 6”4, I feel like I need something with a 36in inseam to get nice stacking.

Sizing always sucks for me, so fingers crossed that these pass the longer-term fit test. Sometimes I hate being into stuff that I can’t just easily go to a store and try on. Ha. Does A1923 regularly make boots in size 46? I haven’t come across any in the used market and retail seems to only go to 45.

don’t recall 46 but i haven’t had an issue finding a 44/45 so I think you are ok there.

I am the same now I prefer to order from a retailer who has easy returns. I appreciate places in Europe but the final sale thing kills it for me.

pants/jeans I don’t buy without a return policy online, too many things can go wrong.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
looks good!

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought bright red Guidi derbies and made them work for them? I'm not saying I'm gonna do it . . . but I've had tempting visions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads