• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A quick question here: What size would I be in CCP(sidezip/tornado) boots in general if I am a 43 in Carpes/Layer-0? I know the sizing can be all over the place depending on the chosen leather upper and/or the shape of the toe(wide/narrow last?!?). Just wanna know where I stand sizewise.

sinnedk might be able to chime in. Thanks.

lol yea I do know this.

you would be a CCP8 in LUC/Sbuc/cubs, Cul I’d take a ccp9 in your case, bison ccp9 and roo idk never tried l.

the insole def makes them smaller and you can pull it out. I like the feel so I keel the insole.

btw I haven’t worn any CCP in quite some time. Been wearing Cdiem, Layer-0,nike dunks.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks sinnedk. What is the outsole length of your pair? I see some with a 32cm outsole. Will that be alright given my feet is 28cm?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks sinnedk. What is the outsole length of your pair? I see some with a 32cm outsole. Will that be alright given my feet is 28cm?
varies, the average is 33cm. I think you should be more than fine. idk what my foot measures though., you can ask the seller to measure the insole and that should get you an idea of the sizing against your foot.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@eckblk

What has changed between the original Carpe Diem S23M vs the reissue? Overall dimensions are still the same? Any noticeable difference in shaft and vamp?

Quality?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice any major changes. The shaft on the s21m was slightly larger but really not noticeable. I prefer OG RiRi zippers more, my Raccagni zippers on the re-issues fell apart. Same last, same sizing. Leather will vary quite a bit with Tempesti vachetta being the least impressive (oddly my re-issue S21M in vachetta are most worn boots :confused:).

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Eck @sinned thanks fellas

een wearing Guidis, Adiciavevevaeve this whole time but wanted to get into C-Diem. I did recall @Eck saying that other than thee shoes missing "soul", out of the box they are essentially the same. Found someone selling S23M off failed and I grabbed the pair.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

he sold some repros of s40m to me n @eblk

@Eck @sinned thanks fellas

een wearing Guidis, Adiciavevevaeve this whole time but wanted to get into C-Diem. I did recall @Eck saying that other than thee shoes missing "soul", out of the box they are essentially the same. Found someone selling S23M off failed and I grabbed the pair.

CDiem at first feels too plain but then you wear them in a bit and realIze they match everything very easily.

The lack of structure in Guidi kills it for me, cDiem is best middle ground for me.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah can't wait to wear it everywhere

Need to send it to Jesse for vibram

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah can't wait to wear it everywhere

Need to send it to Jesse for vibram

why send to Jesse? Any decent shoe repair can add protective soles.

I haven’t work CCP, Cdiem since the pandemic started sadly. Layer-0 and sneakers.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I send all my stuff to Jesse.
Going to have him add half sole then heel balance.

I also have some old SLP boots that need the sole spa treatment.

As for Guidis. I`ve had a pair going back to 2010 and I`ve managed to keep the toe structured., 988 backzips. Also have the derbies -same thing.

Would like something that nicelynice had with unstructured toe.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol I send all my stuff to Jesse.
Going to have him add half sole then heel balance.

I also have some old SLP boots that need the sole spa treatment.

As for Guidis. I`ve had a pair going back to 2010 and I`ve managed to keep the toe structured., 988 backzips. Also have the derbies -same thing.

Would like something that nicelynice had with unstructured toe.

Ahh got it. I had stuff done in downtown SF, willie's in LA and most recently a smaller place in a nearby neighborhood, everyone did a good job. Willie's by far then coolest.

i gave up on guidi, just like i gave up on some japanese exclusive footwear cuz it goes to size 43, I'm a 44.

pendulum20kg

Reaction score
hello,

Does anyone know the difference between CUL-PTC/010 and CORS-PTC/010 for CCP tornado boots? One looks more like a shiny smooth black leather and the other looks different but hard to explain. Is one better then the other? What do you all think? Especially, sinnedk, would like your opinion, sir.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hello,

Does anyone know the difference between CUL-PTC/010 and CORS-PTC/010 for CCP tornado boots? One looks more like a shiny smooth black leather and the other looks different but hard to explain. Is one better then the other? What do you all think? Especially, sinnedk, would like your opinion, sir.

LOL of course I do.

1. 10 is the color code, black in both cases.
2. CUL is leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colors. The leather is very thick compared to ma+, guidi, cdiem, L0. Its as thick as old school a1923.

my pair:

HFYypTA.jpg

3. CORS I am not sure if it is white tanned or vegetable but its smooth side and thinner. Much thinner than CUL/CUBS. It is also used for the leather jackets (scarstich for sure) and sneakers.

One is not better than the other. they are just different and I haven't heard anyone complain of CORS but I personally prefer LUC/SBUC for smooth over corn because the leather is thicker.

these are sbuc, black from 2012, held up well but hardly worn lately.
n4PFB84.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads