• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

pbdeng4

Reaction score
So I've had the Guidis on for a few days now through a few different terrains (concrete, linoleum, gravel, laminate). These were quite tight at first - maybe 1/4 in to a 1/2 in in front of the toe. My left foot has settled in okay but my right foot is lagging behind where. Interestingly it doesn't even seem like it's a problem with tightness, the Guidi insole feels "off" on my foot where the outside of my right foot doesn't feel like it's on the footbed. I'm flat-footed and I overpronate quite a bit so I use the SuperFeet EastFit half-insoles to try to push my arch up and settle my feet in the right way, but it's makes the height of my foot too much. I'm playing around with the the SlimFits and some arch inserts to take care it.

43s were a bit too big, 42s were a bit too tight. Ughhh. Do CCPs have a similar problem for sizing?

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a follow-up after receiving my smooth nubuck Suginari Morimoto derbies from Gullam today. Really happy with them. They fit like a glove and I think they look pretty amazing. Will be getting them Vibrammed at a place here in Kyōto where the dude who works there totally knew about Layer-0, m_moria and even complemented me on my Harnden hat. It took almost a year but I’m finally finding the people and places I had hoped existed here. ? Be well, all.
544A2B4B-D454-4488-8451-2FE341588C68.jpeg
C8EB6704-F804-4BA3-877D-E5AAF96435B7.jpeg 04C6E335-A9C6-4ED5-9D45-356A4CC8C0C2.jpeg 1E1536CD-AE90-4573-908E-FBAEA36D32A7.jpeg 973382B2-46A5-4FCD-B3B6-6EB25AA46994.jpeg 51FA75B9-1C72-4D7E-B082-EB7F09754220.jpeg ECAB9C17-9041-4DD1-A5BC-CC21E89ED959.jpeg

Irenarch

Reaction score
Are there any artisanal/avant-garde brands producing side/backzips with insteps as crushingly low as OG Carpe Diem? I love the look of Guidi backzips, but the pair I owned (788VS) basically flopped around on my feet until I sold them. I also tried on A1923s and LEBs (by far the worst) and had the same issue.

I've got a pair of OG S23Ms that fit great, as did a pair of shredded S21Ms I tried on in a second-hand shop once, but I'd like to know if I have any alternatives aside from waiting for a pair of old S40Ms in my size and decent condition on Yahoo Japan.

Also, here's my current collection of footwear that fits the thread:
- Carpe Diem calfskin 5-hole S23M boots (still have the OG laces, but I hated dealing with them)
- Julius FW09 16-eyelet cowhide combat boots
- Julius SS09 waxed reversed steer combat boots (for sale thanks to an annoying squeak in one boot -- even had the rubber soles replaced and midsole reglued to no avail)
1.png

- Devoa FW15 Guidi calf sidezip boots
- Devoa SS18 Guidi camel open-toe boots
- Last Conspiracy Edgar horse sneakers (retired)
- Ann Demeulemeester SS11 diagonal-lace suede sneakers
2.png

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any artisanal/avant-garde brands producing side/backzips with insteps as crushingly low as OG Carpe Diem? I love the look of Guidi backzips, but the pair I owned (788VS) basically flopped around on my feet until I sold them. I also tried on A1923s and LEBs (by far the worst) and had the same issue.

I've got a pair of OG S23Ms that fit great, as did a pair of shredded S21Ms I tried on in a second-hand shop once, but I'd like to know if I have any alternatives aside from waiting for a pair of old S40Ms in my size and decent condition on Yahoo Japan.

Also, here's my current collection of footwear that fits the thread:
- Carpe Diem calfskin 5-hole S23M boots (still have the OG laces, but I hated dealing with them)
- Julius FW09 16-eyelet cowhide combat boots
- Julius SS09 waxed reversed steer combat boots (for sale thanks to an annoying squeak in one boot -- even had the rubber soles replaced and midsole reglued to no avail)
View attachment 1413228

- Devoa FW15 Guidi calf sidezip boots
- Devoa SS18 Guidi camel open-toe boots
- Last Conspiracy Edgar horse sneakers (retired)
- Ann Demeulemeester SS11 diagonal-lace suede sneakers
View attachment 1413229

So right before Covid I bought 2 pairs of s40m one in thick horse and destroyed horse. They are reproductions but built like tanks.

@eckblk connected me with Lucca. The guy sells on Grailed and has his own shoe line. I believe he has access to CDiem factories and can procure or have a pair made for you. PM me and I can put you in contact if you like.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@eckblk connected me with Lucca. The guy sells on Grailed and has his own shoe line. I believe he has access to CDiem factories and can procure or have a pair made for you. PM me and I can put you in contact if you like.
[/QUOTE]

Is that the same Luca dude who is listing his samples(I am making a guess here) pieces as "mMoria" ?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is that the same Luca dude who is listing his samples(I am making a guess here) pieces as "mMoria" ?
[/QUOTE]

no idea

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Irenarch what about WJK? I haven't tried but looking at the shape it would be similar to carpe.
edit: seems like WJK not being made anymore, jun left

Also do you want to get rid of your OG laces?

Sebvax

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i am currently thinking about buying my first pair of Guidi horse leather boots, I am especially interested in the front zip models as they have quite an unique look to them. I can’t really decide between the 310 and the PL2 (both in black), can anyone give me advice which model is “better” as a first pair of Guidis? I am a man and I usually wear tight jeans tucked into the shaft of the boots, therefore I thought that the PL2 may be a little bit too bulky. Sadly, the 310 are currently sold out everywhere...

Also, I heard that Guidi’s sizing is quite complicated. In Saint Laurent, I wear a size 44, is sizing up by one size recommendable for Guidi?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i am currently thinking about buying my first pair of Guidi horse leather boots, I am especially interested in the front zip models as they have quite an unique look to them. I can’t really decide between the 310 and the PL2 (both in black), can anyone give me advice which model is “better” as a first pair of Guidis? I am a man and I usually wear tight jeans tucked into the shaft of the boots, therefore I thought that the PL2 may be a little bit too bulky. Sadly, the 310 are currently sold out everywhere...

Also, I heard that Guidi’s sizing is quite complicated. In Saint Laurent, I wear a size 44, is sizing up by one size recommendable for Guidi?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

I honestly prefer PL2's last and I don't think it will look bad with the jeans tucked into it. As a matter of fact, that's how I always see the PL2 worn; with jeans tucked into it.

As for sizing, somebody else has to chime in. Some say to size one up but then they also say the boots can stretch.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a standard 43 and have PL2s in 44 and have to wear (somewhat small) insoles with them—they're narrow, but have a pretty generous instep. If I were doing it over again I'd probably go TTS. FWIW, though, I also recently got more recently made TTS 796Zs, which fit great, except for being a tiny bit narrow, but I expect them to stretch, and got a 788 pair a while ago from grailed in 44 that I also need an insole with—possibly not an object-dyed pair? But in some cases sizing up was unambiguously the right decision.

In short, buy from somewhere you can return them.

Sebvax

Reaction score
Thank you once more for your advise! I recently tried on the Guidi PL2s in black, and I absolutely loved them. I am a standard 44 and tried them on in 44. They were a tiny bit narrow, but keeping in mind that they will eventually stretch, they should have been fine after a few weeks of wearing. Nonetheless, I returned them as I want to try them on in 45 as well (given the high price of approximately €1300).

Unexpectedly, I found a pair of brand new white 995s in 44 for a very good price (€420) in a very well-known online store for high fashion brands. In comparison to the PL2s, they apparently run a tiny bit smaller and therefore were quite narrow when I tried them on. Does anyone have experience with that specific model, I heard that Guidi boots are supposed to be very narrow at first as they tend to stretch generously over time?

I attached some images of the respective boots.

Thank you!

Attachments

• A090A660-80B9-4FB9-965E-35E360246791.jpeg
    A090A660-80B9-4FB9-965E-35E360246791.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 1B906670-C913-4930-B5BD-D69F7A5A02A5.png
    1B906670-C913-4930-B5BD-D69F7A5A02A5.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Reactionnaire

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Guidi 791? The 12 eyelet lace up boots. I've read some posts that say it fits up to 2 sizes smaller. Is that accurate? I'm a 38/38.5 and wondering if a 40 will work with an insole. Especially if it's the women's version. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads