1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

The different leathers aren't the same prices- I think bison and horse are the least expensive from Guidi. I'm not sure if calf aka "baby calf" would cost a premium.

*expect about a 60-80usd fee from UPS- it's on the SZ Guidi thread.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

sure that may variate, but afaik pnp has always had best pricing and im pretty sure you confirmed that to me too.

side note: calf aka "baby calf" is usually the most common and cheapest surprised there is an up-charge for it

3. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I'm not sure if there is a upcharge or not- PnP, Lazzari, and INK are going to be your best bet for you guys trying to shave off every dollar. Keep in mind PnP's vat discount is closer to 14-15% with the percentage PayPal will charge you to change your currency. I think it's 2.5%.

That being said 1108usd is a steal for an 988 boot from a US based store- easy to return and no customs/fast delivery. The same boot would run 1300-1400usd at A, HLorenzo or any other US store.

I can go into the dollar vs euro (& yen) stuff but- Chomeo is much more qualified for this discussion. :) It'a all yours bro.

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

awzum guidi courtesy of ln-cc

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Finally workwear x ninja comes to fruition!

3 people like this.
  6. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

any idea how to wear these? the sole looks pretty weak.

could i get away with just putting taps on the back/front or would i have to vibram the sole? seems like that would ruin the intended profile...

7. jet

jet Senior member

lulz

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

you''ll be posting fit pics soon enough. you or teger

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

WTF

DOUBLE WTF

12. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

i'm not sure about being "more qualified" E. :happy: you've gone through so many pairs of boots so that we all can benefit from your experience with guidi, augusta, ma, av fields and of course carpes - it's scary to count them!

Sinnedk - E is right buddy. you may save on VAT buying from PNP but chances that you get hit with customs is high. i'm not certain as it varies; but I can tell from personal experience the following: ~$78 for a RO leather and ~$98 for a $300 pair of jeans (on sale). so if you calculate the percentage, it's pretty steep for the pair of jeans - much more than VAT discount. i've called up UPS or Fedex to find out but couldn't do anything. i can't say that the customs for leather shoes and boots are the same but i'm sure you can look it up.

as for paypal and exchange rate, it's not uncommon for paypal to charge a higher exchange rate from Euro to USD than the market. whether or not it's in fees like E described above, it is what Paypal charge bro and we'll just have to eat it.

i hate the customs surprises so i would recommend buying locally if the price is close to oversea sellers. let us know your experience with PNP. Luigi is great to deal with and I'm a fan!

13. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I send Hide 41,600 yen yesterday via paypal and was charged 515.48 :fu:

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so here is the deal, i have a credit card that has no foreign conversion fee, last week i sent a payment in euro and selected my credit card to get charged X amount in euro, my credit card dealt with the conversion fees, and it ended up being 15e less, idk how that happened but i am not lying,

also i never got hit with any customs fee so far, crossing fingers!

15. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

that's it E? that's a great deal for that boots!

16. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

LOL- that's only half bro.

SinnedK- I just pm'ed but I'm going to post this here too incase anybody else is wondering.

Go to paypal select send payment, select euro and put in 1000eu, click update and 1368.31usd will appear. The wholesale exchange rate shows 1332.78usd is equal to 1000euro. You can check it at xe.com.

17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

or choose the other option like the one below and the credit card converts fee for you

[​IMG]

if you have a credit card w/no foreign conversion fee then it will be to your advantage, sorry guys i am not putting my credit card statement online

18. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

^^ ooh i haven't seen this one. this could be better as typically your cc rate is based on the market rate that day which is typically better than the local rate. Thanks boss!

19. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

^^

SinnedK- where is it? I can't find it at all.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Gentlemen, i am as always just trying to help,

my set up on paypal was credit card instead of instant transfer, if anyone needs me to write out directions just in case, i can lmk