1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Looks like AM/2601 CUBS-PTC/010, 2010 scarred horse same as CCP, are yours lined?
    ummm DAMN dude... 2 a1923 and an MM...

2. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

Agreed, after just a few days of shorter wear, but they were very comfortable right out of the box (an object to ponder in its own right). The footbed is slightly cupped or curved in a way that a1923 and ma+ are not (maybe vaguely reminiscent of Layer-0), which makes them feel really solid and stable (again, not that the "others" don't but it is a small significant thing). I'm going to pound out a 10-hour day in them tomorrow, so we'll see. My initial impulse is as Hendrix said, cuz damn, they fine, and it would seem so odd and sad to cover up that sole. Kinda like putting slip-covers on my Roche-Bobois sofa. I mean, not that I have one; just sayin'...
    Uzairh, did you have to access other dimensions to swap the black for the bi-colored laces, or did Altieri send someone to do it for you?
    Gotta say, they're pretty fucking cool. A quick comparison pic with a pair of shell cordovan Aldens from years ago (that I will of course be selling soon). They were worn pretty hard, and the leather stands up great, of course, but the difference in design is abundantly apparent. Really looking forward to Simone's version of the shell cordovan workboot (on order for FW15).

[​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I of course think the m_moria ones look exponentially better, but it's impossible to look at how similar they superficially appear and not laugh at the astronomical price difference.

1 person likes this.
  4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

@docdocgs Mine came with the laces you see. I was pleasantly surprised on receiving them as I like how they go with the boot.
    What are you planning on pairing with them?

And @eckblk what have you worn them with?

With mine, I was wearing them with IE pants, but lately (as it has gotten warmer) with LUC Cotton/Linen pants.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Who wants to group order alden and customize it to look exactly like MMoira?

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

youve missed the point

again

2 people like this.
  7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

it was a joke looks like you are the one that missed something.

8. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I hope we'll see a sleeker/less chunky m_moria some day.

9. kmert

kmert Active Member

^great pic this one, if you have any more (for example top views to see any differences in last) that would be great. I suppose the Alden is on Barrie?

10. psydle

psydle Senior member

11. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

They already exist.
    [​IMG]

12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

oh god. i need 5k right now.

13. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

@uzairh show the laceup boots on the B & C last(s)- I would but I don't have access to my pics at the moment.

14. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

I don't have access to mine either ATM :)

But here are some from earlier in the thread:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

They almost look like CM dress shoes, and I mean that as a good thing. This really is the SW&D version of bespoke shoes. Altieri is a genius.

16. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

[​IMG]

I wouldn't go as far as saying they look as CM shoes in terms of style but they definitely look good.

17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

just got my dual zips, will post more pics when i can. Hide-m was an pleasure to do business with, Holger is your guy for a1923 and many others.

I had to work late on a code release last night and only had a moment to try these on.

First Impressions are that these boots should be worn to shit with 0 fucks given for scratches or cleanliness, as the box says do not handle with care. I was surprised that compared to the ss14 culatta the leather on the aw14 oil horse was softer and a bit more moveable, which is to my liking. The toe box is a bit tight for me but i am hoping that comes down with wear. Sole is super thick, i like what a1923 is doing currently.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    7 people like this.
  18. objection

objection Well-Known Member

looks badass man gratz!

19. psydle

psydle Senior member

I don't have any kids but I've got to assume that opening that box was at least on par with the birth of your first born.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

LOL, nah buddy, that cannot be further from the truth. The birth of my daughter is one of the most incredible feelings i've ever had that fundamentally altered my life to such a degree that is sometimes hard to comprehend. But, i get some time for boots occasionally ;)