• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the cuban heels look pretty cool, especially with the pants. I'd be too self conscious wearing them though.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For real. Even RM Williams' cuban heel boots are more aggressive than those. I'm a fan. If you have the $$$, go for 'em

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MA+ has lots of biker boots. Julius has engineer boots.

Japanese brands maybe do as well

Thanks, guys. Those look great, but it was a question out of curiosity, definitely no more baller purchases for me in a long, long time... I see many size/back zips and lace-ups discussed here but rarely boots with buckles.

Unrelated, in my earlier post about the WJK that had just arrived I didn't mention that the instep is small. Like, really small. I have to push my foot really hard to get them on (with laces completely undone, of course), especially my right foot, to the point I'm genuinely concerned about tearing the leather although it looks robust (reverse cow). Length and width is perfectly fine once they're on. Is this common?

Last edited:

shady_2001

Reaction score
yeah ma+ does some great buckles, i like their cross strap ankle riders best - the ones in camel are pretty cool too. sadly they all cost a bomb, but you can't beat that shape. or can you?

magicalporks

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Those look great, but it was a question out of curiosity, definitely no more baller purchases for me in a long, long time... I see many size/back zips and lace-ups discussed here but rarely boots with buckles.

Unrelated, in my earlier post about the WJK that had just arrived I didn't mention that the instep is small. Like, really small. I have to push my foot really hard to get them on (with laces completely undone, of course), especially my right foot, to the point I'm genuinely concerned about tearing the leather although it looks robust (reverse cow). Length and width is perfectly fine once they're on. Is this common?

Similar in my experience, though I sized up half (typically 41.5) for better or worse. It got a bit easier to put on over time, but was definitely a struggle early on. May or may not be different depending on how you sized.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@uzairah has a solid low instep stretching protocol

My special from SS14 came in super late (& totally unexpected) :censored:; I believe it's some kind of washed oiled horse treatment; not details on the box. The leather texture different from what was previous released for SS14 double zip & angled zip models.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@uzairah has a solid low instep stretching protocol

My special from SS14 came in super late (& totally unexpected) :censored:; I believe it's some kind of washed oiled horse treatment; not details on the box. The leather texture different from what was previous released for SS14 double zip & angled zip models.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1371593/width/500/height/1000[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

those look good E, anyway you can show a top down view so i can get an idea of the last

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

those look good E, anyway you can show a top down view so i can get an idea of the last

Thanks. I'm going to assume the leather is what is to be expected for AW14 double zips.

BTW: If anybody is interested, please PM me- I'm going to list them as an IC in the Classifieds. I'm not in a position to be acquiring more boots right; my AW14 pre-order list is out of control &. I will gladly give them away at my cost (or close to it), which is pretty damn good given current A1923 prices (going up for AW14).

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hold up, KKA Cubans look very interesting

fallenwest

Reaction score
if I can get guidi 988 in the exact leather/color combination I want and know that there won't be sizing problems for 700 euros ($940 US), how good of a deal would that be?

Like, I'd be willing to wait a year to find it for cheaper, but I don't know how likely it is that I will be able to find it for cheaper.

I know it depends on how much I'm willing to pay to get it in top condition, but would you guys generally just try to find it in a b&s forum somewhere instead?

Thanks

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. I'm going to assume the leather is what is to be expected for AW14 double zips.

BTW: If anybody is interested, please PM me- I'm going to list them as an IC in the Classifieds. I'm not in a position to be acquiring more boots right; my AW14 pre-order list is out of control &. I will gladly give them away at my cost (or close to it), which is pretty damn good given current A1923 prices (going up for AW14).

kick ass man, i would of pre-ordered that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads