1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

guidi probably, some japanese brands

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Which Japanese brands? Smallest I've ever seen is 40.

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

I've seen IS make women's 39s for the western market, but I have actually never seen a 39 at any japanese store. Fascinate picked up a small run of 38s of Devoa sandals a year or two ago when Devoa did the capsule women's collection. Japanese stores usually only do 41-43...

As a fellow small-footer, I think your best bet is to actually shop the women's section and look for unisex styles. A lot of these brands are geared towards men anyway.

man... my english is getting worse....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Damn, japan doesn't go to those sizes, interesting.

@ermagerdben you can order a special size from Guidi, i believe CCP/Ma+ could possibly make those sizes as well but you have to contact a retailer to confirm.

5. ermagerdben

ermagerdben Member

Thanks guys!

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

why did a1923 think this was a good design, boot is hideous IMO

1 person likes this.
  7. sepp

sepp Senior member

I have to agree with that.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

P sure it stems from wherever the boutique is located that is shipping the boot, FarFetch doesn't pick up the boots and then ship from a central location.

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Ah wow thanks. Picked up the green spiral zips. Wanted it in dual zip and in a non-reverse leather, but have been lusting over a1923 green boots for awhile and at that price new... kinda tempted to get the sneakers too.

nicelynice can you post pics of the red shoes you got? they are sold out so no longer shown.

ccp makes size 6, but I'd say it corresponds closer to 40/41 than 38/39.

10. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

I'd have to say no based on my mine but that's in horse so they might do something for other leathers.

LUC SS black jeans (48) FS $340

11. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Abraxis, can you post some pics of your spiral zips?

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Which? the deer m.a.+ front spirals or my ccp white tornadoes? the green a1923 ones have obviously not arrived yet ;p

the a1923 front spirals definitely not look as good as the m.a.+ ones. the zipper is placed a little bit awkwardly on the front of the boot. also i think a front spiral design benefits from a cleaner overall design aesthetic which isn't really the a1923 jam right now - which imo leans more towards awesome and rough wabi-sabi look.

The exception of course being cordovan workboot/derby iterations.

That being said I expect the a1923 design to iterate a season or two and he'll probably dial it in and it'll look awesome.

13. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I meant the green a1923 but since they are not with you yet post the MA+ [​IMG]

Are your white tirnadoes bison? If so, I've handled those and really like them.

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

They should be exactly like your grey bison ;)

@Abraxis, +1 please post pics of the spiral zips :), you bought the vachetta ones right?

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks... know if ma+/a1923 does toe caps?

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Totally agree, a1923 dual zips the first time i was not a fan then he made the current iteration and it is awesome.

17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Nah they are reverse horse or whatever... where the front part of the boots are pretty smooth but there's a bit of reverse roughness towards the shaft. I'm not a big bison guy. I don' t really like grain, reverse, scarring or that kind of thing for the most part. Folds are about my limit.

I took some m.a.+ pictures before I wore them so I can post those when I get home. I wore them without vibramming which hurt my soul a little bit. Doubly hurt when I fucking stepped on a little computer screw on the street and didn't notice before it was completely swallowed up by the cross on one of the heels. Vibram saves lives!

They really are too nice though. Leather is awesome and oily. It's fully lined in the softest calf (or at least I think it's calf) I've ever experienced. Awesome ri-ri zippers and nice pulls. Spare heels etc. It's a different kind of nice than a1923 or I'm sure m_moria, but it has all these nice little touches, points of polish and refinement that I do appreciate it.

1 person likes this.
  18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yeap MA+ is a good experience for me as well. leather is soft, and i like the riri zips a lot whole experience of owning ma+ totally got me hooked on the brand..

Re folds/scarring. I like mild scarring like my tornados, and i do like graining. But sometimes its over done, mostly by a1923. I need a balance. I am def not a fan of reverse these days.

Smooth goes with everything. distressed is a bit harder to make work imo

19. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Someone should buy this beautiful paul harnden wool long mac that's on SZ in size S for $1550 (asking)

[​IMG]

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19543

Should fit a 48 pretty well. Maybe slightly fitted or a 46 for an oversized or if you plan on layering a lot underneath it. The mac shape is a lot boxier and easier to wear than his more classic blazers.

20. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

not that i've ever heard of. the closest you get to a toe cap on these brands is the use of a stiffer/thicker part of the hide.

LUC SS black jeans (48) $340