The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Re buffalo double zips from last season (as Eck also said) I bought a pair, but returned them as I just didn't like the leather. The pair I received were quite thin and shiny. It was these: (you can see the difference vs my new horse pair)

http://www.antonioli.eu/en/men/products/aw13-14dza-bufalo#.U04Dpe29LCQ

My horse double zips are just being vibramed. Picking them up tonight after work.
    Then I'm ready for a double zip face off.

Ps Darklands just got in another batch of Augusta. So glad I kopped my black on black sneakers from AW13. The new SS14 sneakers are horrible. Shape is not as nice and I hate the rubber sole....

2. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I really like the buffalo leather. It's not too thick, but it's tough as hell. Wore those suckers four days straight through a recent rain soaked trip to Sydney and they came out fine. The shine has gone a bit from the wear. I'll post up along with Eton.

@eton97 , spot on with the sneakers. The ones darklands have and the other variety that was on offer (with the weird panelling) are terrible. Though I'll disagree with you on one point: I don't like the black sole. Gimme that contrast!

I'd kill for a pair of the roo or llama high(er) tops.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

those do look a bit fragile

4. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I've had them since last week- no time to pics :(

5. djt00

djt00 Senior member

Damn Augustas looks great. Something I'd love to own. Sucks being not as "baller" as eckblk, fistinyoface and eton97.

I own just two pairs of black boots. Black donkey Guidi's and beater calf Officine Creatives. Guidi's are superior, but OC's aren't bad for the price, especially Yoox prices. As you can see OC's are still in a great shape after about 9 months of wear, even though the Finnish weather is pretty much shit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. eton97

eton97 Senior member

just as a comparison to yesterdays CCP derbyz pic...today i'm wearing my augusta to work...heavy horse, and again built to last a lifetime....

[​IMG]

7. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Some of OC's models are actually made using Guidi leather. They source their leather from various tanneries. Antonioli had a special order made for them few years ago using Guidi reverse buffalo. Been wearing those for 3 years and still looks great.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I like the shape of those ccp's eton, what year are those from?

9. eton97

eton97 Senior member

The CCP derbyz were bought in 2010 I think. AM/2600L in BUIS/PTC.
    The AUGUSTA derbyz are far more recent - I think 2012.
    I posted these pics more in response to the earlier question of longevity. I have alternated between both of these every day at work since owning them. And they are still in perfect condition.

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

oh nvm I read wrong, those were the augustas you just posted sorry :embar:

11. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Well that's the big debate for derbyz and tornadoes.

CCP toe shape vs Augusta.

I currently prefer the rounder Augusta toe - hence selling my CCP tornadoes and buying the double zips, and buying these derbys.
    However, for some reason I do think that when wearing CCP breads or a CCP suit the CCP derbys works better.
    Yesterday's CCP bison derbys were paired with cowo breads, and today's Augusta are pair with luc tuxedo pants.

12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I feel ya

I tend to like the round toe as well, and I heard that older CCP had a more round toe. That's why I was wondering the year on those. I do agree that ccp shoes look best with ccp clothes and visa versa. I tried on some ccp coats with a classic workboot and the structured shoulders and sharp angles just didnt look right with them.

13. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ it was exactly the toe box that kept me away from ccp tornadoes. However after i got the 2009 SX model (wider less pointy) i am liking it. Of course the augusta zip ups are always on the list however the only one i really liked (leather wise) is the kudu version Arthur from Archive wears on this photo:[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

14. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Looks like he's wearing it with CCP dead end jeans.....I'm selling pair on sz if anybody is interested.

15. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ yep exactly deadends - baddest ass jeans known to men ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014